Gameday Chatter Thread | Bears at Cowboys | Week 3 | 09-25-16

GShock

DCC 4Life
So, for those of you who were wanting to trade Leary, I guess now you're glad we didn't. He came in and we never missed a beat.
And it's not like Collins has been lighting it up this year. Got blown up vs the Giants, and while the reported injury last night was sprained foot, I wouldn't be surprised if he had turf ass from being knocked onto it so hard.

If you have to have Chaz Green out there, you can't afford to go full retard on Dak's blind side. Glad Leary was there.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
And it's not like Collins has been lighting it up this year. Got blown up vs the Giants, and while the reported injury last night was sprained foot, I wouldn't be surprised if he had turf ass from being knocked onto it so hard.

If you have to have Chaz Green out there, you can't afford to go full retard on Dak's blind side. Glad Leary was there.
I think Collins will be fine. I just think he keeps getting caught off balance. He is going to have to work on his footwork to correct that. But, I think he puts in that work and gets it corrected.

GShock

DCC 4Life
Chicago has drafted a RB in back to back years.
:lol

To Carp's point, Forte was a huge part of that offense both running and receiving. Howard looks like he can handle the running duties, and Langford looks to be a serviceable all-around back, but Forte was a step above.

Cotton

Staff member

Ugh.

Cotton

Staff member

Carp

DCC 4Life
Chicago has drafted a RB in back to back years.
Yep. They are worse now at the RB position than when they had Forte as the lead back. Just like last year, Langford is averaging under 4 yards a carry. Jordan Howard did some things, but they are worse at RB this year than they were last year.

Forte is averaging under 4 yards a carry for the Jets, but that can be attributed to him getting 30 carries against the Bills to grind out that win. He ran for 3 TDs in that game as well.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
He is just tired, his conditioning sucks and he just ran for a shit load of yards.
He should've finished the game with 25 carries, max.

It makes no sense to run him into the ground when you have such a good player to spell him in Alfred Morris.

This team just constantly makes idiotic decisions that leave you scratching your head.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Thank God that turnstile Doug Free has Martin on his left. I think Green is better than Free.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

It makes no sense to run him into the ground when you have such a good player to spell him in Alfred Morris.

This team just constantly makes idiotic decisions that leave you scratching your head.
Yeah you're up big just trying to grind out time off the clock. Why you would have Elliott beating his head in I have no idea. But of course Dunbar is who you run from the 1 yard line.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Could explain why he looked so off balance in that one play. That injury could really impact a guys balance and power.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
So, for those of you who were wanting to trade Leary, I guess now you're glad we didn't. He came in and we never missed a beat.
I am not glad we didn't. We could have played Looney and have been just fine.

The only hesitation in trading Leary should be whether we get enough in return for him.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself

Ugh.
I think that might be good news.

Jiggyfly

Banned
I think Green did an ok job last night gives me hope there will be an easy transition from Free at RT.

Will be paying extra attention to him and Collins on the rewatch.

Carp

DCC 4Life

I think there was a point to giving him all those carries though...basically saying...you want to be the lead back...prove it.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
So Beasley with another great game. On pace for 107 catches and 1100 yards on the season. Just want to mention it because Ravi said he is giving up his life savings if Beasley gets close to these type of numbers.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think Green did an ok job last night gives me hope there will be an easy transition from Free at RT.

Will be paying extra attention to him and Collins on the rewatch.
He had a couple penalties but for the most part he was solid. I don't think the coaches were really giving him much help out there either which is pretty good for an inexperience man being thrown in at LT. I think it's also an example of how having a great center/guard combo can give your QB a lane to step up into in even without great blocking at LT.

Green also seems to run block very well.

Jiggyfly

Banned
He had a couple penalties but for the most part he was solid. I don't think the coaches were really giving him much help out there either which is pretty good for an inexperience man being thrown in at LT. I think it's also an example of how having a great center/guard combo can give your QB a lane to step up into in even without great blocking at LT.

Green also seems to run block very well.
Yeah I think he plays with more power that Free and nobody has been penalty free this year on the o-line.

I did not see him looking over matched physically which was my biggest concern.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah I think he plays with more power that Free and nobody has been penalty free this year on the o-line.

I did not see him looking over matched physically which was my biggest concern.
Yeah and I'd give him a break on the one holding penalty. It was sort of a result of Dak improvising and getting outside of the pocket. It's hard as an offensive lineman to adjust when you are trying to protect a QB in one spot and then suddenly he is in a totally different spot on the field. A mistake but one that sort of happens a lot in the NFL.

Top Bottom