QB Controversy Thread...

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I am not disputing any of this but he also was not "barely touched".
You were disputing it. Don't try to back out of it now. Carp said "It's not some big hit with lots of torque that 99% of QBs pop right up from" and you said "Yes it is."

But, then Booze says "A younger player without back issues pops right back up after that hit." and you say "I'm not disputing that".

Uhh.....

Cotton

Staff member
Do you not see how he is bent over in that 2nd picture?

Thanks for illustrating my point for me.
He is barely bent past 90 degrees. With the guy sliding off of him, not even landing squarely on him. Jesus fucking Christ, why do I insist on even engaging with your dumbass?

Carp

DCC 4Life
I sure hope Romo does not play duck duck goose with his kids...he is risking paralysis.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Do you not see how he is bent over in that 2nd picture?

Thanks for illustrating my point for me.
Exactly.

I'm sure everything was exasperated by his preexisting back condition, but that was a rough hit.

Jiggyfly

Banned
You were disputing it. Don't try to back out of it now. Carp said "It's not some big hit with lots of torque that 99% of QBs pop right up from" and you said "Yes it is."

But, then Booze says "A younger player without back issues pops right back up after that hit." and you say "I'm not disputing that".

Uhh.....
What am I backing out of?

I am still disputing it was more than "barley touched".

I have never disputed Romo is more susceptible to injuries at his age or that a younger guy would have unscathed.

Do you not understand the difference there?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Sliding is like the safest thing a QB can do. I'm not sure why this is even a debate, if the guy can't do that without getting hurt he is super injury prone.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Was Romo better than Bledsoe when he replaced him? I don't know, but there was an energy that new QBs create.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Was Romo better than Bledsoe when he replaced him? I don't know, but there was an energy that new QBs create.
And when Tom Brady walked in and replaced Bledsoe he wasn't putting up astronomical numbers either. That season Brady posted a QB rating of 86.5. But the Patriots were smart to stick with the young guy with upside over the older injury prone QB that they knew wasn't going to lead them to the promise land that season.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Bledsoe wasn't hurt, he just kept making bad throws at the worst times. 2006 Romo was unproven, but good enough to be a recourse for Parcells in light of Bledsoe's unacceptable turnovers.

Brady had outplayed pre-injury Bledsoe, so Belichick stayed with Brady.

Pre-injury Romo won a lot of games against tough competition with that obscene season-long passer rating. Dak's not there yet, and it's not clear if Dak can make use of the team's WR's like Romo.

He keeps throwing to Beasley, which tells me he's not nearly as comfortable looking downfield as Romo.

Cotton

Staff member
Bledsoe wasn't hurt, he just kept making bad throws at the worst times. 2006 Romo was unproven, but good enough to be a recourse for Parcells in light of Bledsoe's unacceptable turnovers.

Pre-injury Romo won a lot of games against tough competition with that obscene season-long passer rating. Dak's not there yet, and it's not clear if Dak can make use of the team's WR's like Romo.

He keeps throwing to Beasley, which tells me he's not nearly as comfortable looking downfield as Romo.
One could argue that Dak has been better than most of 2015 pre-injury Romo.

Genghis Khan

Sliding is like the safest thing a QB can do. I'm not sure why this is even a debate, if the guy can't do that without getting hurt he is super injury prone.
You don't get hit like that every time you slide. In fact, generally a defender isn't supposed to hit the QB when he slides. QBs are especially vulnerable in that position.

Genghis Khan

Pre-injury Romo won a lot of games against tough competition with that obscene season-long passer rating. Dak's not there yet,
Exactly.

and it's not clear if Dak can make use of the team's WR's like Romo.

Aaaaand you lost me.

Genghis Khan

The big difference is Bledsoe got benched due to performance. It was obvious right away that Romo was way better.

We let Bledsoe play his way out of the job, and we'll let Romo do the same. At some point he probably will, but I don't think we're there yet.

Genghis Khan

And when Tom Brady walked in and replaced Bledsoe he wasn't putting up astronomical numbers either. That season Brady posted a QB rating of 86.5. But the Patriots were smart to stick with the young guy with upside over the older injury prone QB that they knew wasn't going to lead them to the promise land that season.
The Patriots hadn't been winning with Bledsoe either. We generally win with Romo.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
The Patriots hadn't been winning with Bledsoe either. We generally win with Romo.
Bledsoe took the Patriots to the Superbowl earlier in his career and had just signed a massive contract. It's not like the Patriots were unhappy with Bledsoe at that time.

Top Bottom