Gameday Chatter Thread |Cowboys v. Giants| 09-11-16

GShock

DCC 4Life
One thing I did notice last night that Dak is going to have to work on, is throwing off his back foot too often. Sometimes you just can't step up into the pocket, but there were a lot of plays yesterday that he had a clean pocket and still threw off his back foot. That will kill a QBs accuracy. He is going to have to fix that.
His mechanics went to shit in the second half.

On another infuriating note, here's a look at our defense on that last Giants drive:

http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2016/9/12/12888852/what-the-heck-were-the-cowboys-coaches-thinking-on-giants-final-drive-rod-marinelli-jason-garrett

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Hell, I know we're talking about Dez, but I'd take more passes thrown towards Williams and Butler as well.

This idea that riding Witten and Beasley will lead to wins and points is asinine.

We are one of the worst teams in the league when it comes to chunk yardage/explosive plays. And it's because our coaches have no clue on how to design plays to get the ball into the hands of our outside receivers.
I have suspected for sometime that Bryant does a lot of ad libing on his routes. There doesn't seem to be a specified route that is designed for the play that is run.

I am pretty sure this is why the ball didn't get thrown to him very much. With Romo, Tony can move around and allow Bryant to do the same but Prescott doesn't use that method. He is prone to stay in the pocket as long as he can and in doing so he will go more to the secondary reads. It will be a while before Bryant and Prescott develop a chemistry unless it becomes a priority from the OC.

Jiggyfly

Banned

Jiggyfly

Banned

Elliott really had no running room.

They really were stacking the box and I remember 3 or 4 play action passes that got nothing better than an intermediate pass.

So it's not like they did not look deep, I wonder if Dak just did not pull the trigger or they play action with not enough receivers.

data

Forbes #1

They really were stacking the box and I remember 3 or 4 play action passes that got nothing better than an intermediate pass.

So it's not like they did not look deep, I wonder if Dak just did not pull the trigger or they play action with not enough receivers.
Zeke can't even get a video to run. Video disabled already.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

I guess the natural thing is to say Morris did better. Well yeah, he's more experienced.

I think a lot of people are quick to pull the "bust" card.

My biggest issue was the lack of screens to the guy. One of the reason you take a back at 4 is that they can do more than just carry the football.

Yet late in the game, we had Turd Dunbar getting targeted.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Redskins are going to have a tough time without a decent run game.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
The new announcer in place of Tirico does not impress me much.

Just not a fan of his voice.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Jordan Reed is going to eat Dallas up next week.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
The new announcer in place of Tirico does not impress me much.

Just not a fan of his voice.
Just curious... You havent seen him before? Ive seen him do some games and I know youve seen games with his dad.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

I guess the natural thing is to say Morris did better. Well yeah, he's more experienced.

I think a lot of people are quick to pull the "bust" card.

My biggest issue was the lack of screens to the guy. One of the reason you take a back at 4 is that they can do more than just carry the football.

Yet late in the game, we had Turd Dunbar getting targeted.
We should have been able to hit on some deep passes with play action. Wish we would have tried that with one of our deep threat receivers in Terrance or Bryce.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Steelers just look out of sorts.

Roethlisberger rarely gives up a fumble on a sack and he just did.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
That sure looked like a catch and fumble to me
No "football move".

As long as they consistently enforce this, I am fine.

But in a Colts/Jags game with less high profile, I wonder if this gets called this way.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Holy shit. I guess the Steelers have brass ones and don't forget care if their star WR is covered.

Top Bottom