User Tag List

Page 15 of 32 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Cowboys hirings/firings thread...

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboysrock55 View Post
    Coaching has nothing to do with playing ability. I'd prefer the intelligent QB over the good one for QB coach any day. My only concern is that he only knows one offense. I wanted someone with new and fresh ideas.
    True. A lot of great coaches have had little or no connection to playing at a high level. Belichick played at Wesleyan, one of the "little" ivies.

But Moore will only make the offensive philosophy, such as it is, more incestuous and inbred. There's a reason Mother Nature discourages inbreeding. Garrett, Linehan and Moore will be like the some of the characters in "Deliverance."

Quote Originally Posted by jsmith6919 View Post
    Yeah. Shit happens. It was their game to win or lose but the coach got brain freeze and didn’t let the players play. Too conservative but as I said.
    Since Day One

Quote Originally Posted by Cujo View Post
    Yeah, it's a fucking disappointment. I just wonder if anyone who was worth a shit was interested with JGs impending lame duck status?
    that cant be a positive. Who would want to work for a guy who might be fired next year?
    Hoping Philly rolls this team....

Quote Originally Posted by deadrise View Post
    True. A lot of great coaches have had little or no connection to playing at a high level. Belichick played at Wesleyan, one of the "little" ivies.

But Moore will only make the offensive philosophy, such as it is, more incestuous and inbred. There's a reason Mother Nature discourages inbreeding. Garrett, Linehan and Moore will be like the some of the characters in "Deliverance."
    Hopefully he remembers some of the things he learned from his great college coach.

The problem with Moore isn't that he wasn't a good QB, it's that he has zero coaching experience and very little playing experience.

If he was coming in and coaching a veteran it wouldn't matter.

But instead, we have a starting QB who is struggling and desperately needs guidance and coaching.

We had an opportunity to bring in a real QB guru. A David Lee type. Someone who could make a difference for our starting QB who currently is at a crossroads.

Instead we hired some chud who is going to be learning on the job.

We are insanely stupid.

Kellen Moore???

This organization is lazy as hell. They're not even interested in trying to get better. Instead of bringing in a fresh set of eyes from the outside to look at the problem set these jackasses are like "nah, we're going to continue down the same path but with Kellen Moore leading the way".

I certainly understand still watching the games and hoping for the best, because that's where I'm at, but I just don't understand why anyone is still willingly giving these hillbilly con men their hard earned money.

Clearly winning isn't the #1 priority in Dallas.

Quote Originally Posted by 1bigfan13 View Post
    Clearly winning isn't the #1 priority in Dallas.

8. The following user likes this post:

Quote Originally Posted by Genghis Khan View Post
    The problem with Moore isn't that he wasn't a good QB, it's that he has zero coaching experience and very little playing experience.

If he was coming in and coaching a veteran it wouldn't matter.

But instead, we have a starting QB who is struggling and desperately needs guidance and coaching.

We had an opportunity to bring in a real QB guru. A David Lee type. Someone who could make a difference for our starting QB who currently is at a crossroads.

Instead we hired some chud who is going to be learning on the job.

We are insanely stupid.
    We get onto Jason Garrett all the time for refusing to do what is the obvious right answer. Now I see where he gets it from. It starts from the top in Dallas.

You have two young QBs on the roster. Common sense says get an experienced position coach in here to coach the two young guys up. But these idiots refuse to conform to the basic fucking principles of building a winning team.

I'm not even mad. I'm just going to sit back and laugh at the ineptitude.

This was the second step towards another 8-8 or worse season. The first step was the decision to bring Garrett back.

Maybe it means Garrett will be more hands-on with QB development.

not saying if this is good or bad...just saying.

One-armed Knife Sharpener Iamtdg's Avatar
    Jesus Christ.
    2016 DCC LOTY Fantasy Football Champion