User Tag List

Page 1 of 31 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Cowboys hirings/firings thread...

One-armed Knife Sharpener Iamtdg's Avatar

2018 Cowboys hirings/firings thread...

I started a thread with the faint hope that there is an actual shake up, both with coaches and some players. Not holding out a ton of hope, but maybe a thread will help.

2016 DCC LOTY Fantasy Football Champion

I expected to see a tumbleweed gif

3. The following user likes this post:

Quote Originally Posted by bbgun View Post
    I expected to see a tumbleweed gif
    That will most likely come within the next day or two when our FO does jack nor shit to better this team.

Quote Originally Posted by Iamtdg View Post
    That will most likely come within the next day or two when our FO does jack nor shit to better this team.
    You expect Jerry to make changes to a coaching staff that had a winning record and stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by jsmith6919 View Post
    You expect Jerry to make changes to a coaching staff that had a winning record and stuff?
    It's the only hope I have to hang onto.

Marinelli is safe. The defense was the strength of our team in the second half of the season. He pitched a shutout in his last game. Yes it was against reserves but a shutout is rare in the NFL none-the-less. I really don't think he should be fired anyway. He's finally got his type of guys in there and we're finally seeing good results. Add a decent DT, safety and some LB depth, and I think we could really have something.

Linehan needs to go but, honestly, most of the problem is probably Garrett's shitty "Romo-friendly" offense. He probably won't be fired though. We'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by Iamtdg View Post
    I love Witten as a person and player but he limits our offense in so many ways. We really need to stop relying on him so heavily. And no, he isn't a weapon that you should be splitting out wide like a WR.

If Garrett is actually fired (I know, unlikely) my guess is this lazy organization would immediately start combing through the scrap heap of failed retreads like Caldwell, Fox, and Del Rio.

My preference would be for them to target a young up and coming coordinator. But that ain't happening so I'll stop daydreaming.

Quote Originally Posted by 1bigfan13 View Post
    If Garrett is actually fired (I know, unlikely) my guess is this lazy organization would immediately start combing through the scrap heap of failed retreads like Caldwell, Fox, and Del Rio.

My preference would be for them to target a young up and coming coordinator. But that ain't happening so I'll stop daydreaming.

You'll get norv Turner and like it!

12. The following user likes this post: