User Tag List

Page 24 of 42 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Cowboys hirings/firings thread...

Quote Originally Posted by Cujo View Post
    Wouldn't this indicate that we don't really believe we can get any qualified candidates because of the strong possibility this is Garrett's last year? No one worth a damn is going to hitch themselves to this wagon. Right? No way we're this fucking lazy.
    Maybe that and Garrett doesn’t relish the idea of someone who is more knowledgable might question his coaching strategy.
    Since Day One

Quote Originally Posted by Cujo View Post
    Wouldn't this indicate that we don't really believe we can get any qualified candidates because of the strong possibility this is Garrett's last year? No one worth a damn is going to hitch themselves to this wagon. Right? No way we're this fucking lazy.
    I thought that too. If 2018 is really Garrett's last hurrah, that means a HC change and the new HC will want to build his own staff. Not many want to jump *onto* a sinking ship. It's also probably universally known how much the Joneses meddle in operations.

think of this positive . this joke of a re-tooling will only serve to seal Gerretts fate. win, win!

Quote Originally Posted by p1_ View Post
    think of this positive . this joke of a re-tooling will only serve to seal Gerretts fate. win, win!

It's going to be a wasted season. Maybe we'll get a top ten pick for the new coach.

I forgot, have there been any grumblings by players out of the locker room or social media about Garrett? Even if there hasn't been anything put out publicly, there has to be some unhappy campers there. Outside of guys who are entering FA after 2018, I wonder if there are any guys that would tank to make sure he's fired.

Watch us still end up with Kellen fucking Moore while David Lee is available

8. The following user likes this post:

Quote Originally Posted by jsmith6919 View Post
    Watch us still end up with Kellen fucking Moore while David Lee is available
    Now he really would be the perfect choice. Not only for Dak but also for Cooper Rush who also showed a ton of potential.

And shit, keep Moore as an assistant to him if you want. Let Moore learn how to become a great coach before you thrust him into one of the most important assistant coach positions.

Quote Originally Posted by DLK150 View Post
    I forgot, have there been any grumblings by players out of the locker room or social media about Garrett? Even if there hasn't been anything put out publicly, there has to be some unhappy campers there. Outside of guys who are entering FA after 2018, I wonder if there are any guys that would tank to make sure he's fired.
    The only grumblings that I have seen are about the game plan. Noting that its too simplistic but nothing along the lines that they want Garrett gone.
    #Fire Garrett

Quote Originally Posted by Rev View Post
    The only grumblings that I have seen are about the game plan. Noting that its too simplistic but nothing along the lines that they want Garrett gone.
    Yeah the only grumbling by the players I have heard is that the offense is predictable and that the other teams defenders know what they are doing basically on every play before they do it. Basically they don't like the play calling on offense.