User Tag List

Page 12 of 42 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Cowboys hirings/firings thread...

Quote Originally Posted by vince View Post
    Dude, it's not like Jerry Jones is in his 50s. He WILL die soon. I know that doesn't guarantee a huge change but there will be a change nonetheless.
    See, I'm not convinced it'll be a whole lot different.

Yes, Stephen has more sense about him and he doesn't crave the spotlight like his father. But do not underestimate the influence his father has had on him and more importantly, the influence his father's way of doing things has had on him.

Remember, he has been his father's right hand man going on 20-plus years. In all that time, how many times has Stephen tried to talk some sense into his dad about maybe going outside of the organization for a GM or bringing in a HC worth a damn?

He may do it in a different way, but I'd be willing to bet that Stephen also enjoys the benefits of running the football aspects of the team much like his father did and does, so I think it's naive to assume that once Jerry is completely out of the picture that Stephen is going to go the way of Robert Kraft.

There's a very good possibility that Stephen will be far less annoying than Jerry, but that doesn't mean he's going to run the family business all that much different than his father did.
    2013 DCC Fantasy Football Champeen

I wonder if we will be able to get good people when they know Garrett is out on his ass with another bad season.

Quote Originally Posted by vince View Post
    Dude, it's not like Jerry Jones is in his 50s. He WILL die soon. I know that doesn't guarantee a huge change but there will be a change nonetheless.
    Jerry's mother died in her 90s, and he's in his 70s right now. He could live another 20 years.

One-armed Knife Sharpener Iamtdg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Genghis Khan View Post
    Jerry's mother died in her 90s, and he's in his 70s right now. He could live another 20 years.
    DFDC POTD
    2016 DCC LOTY Fantasy Football Champion

Quote Originally Posted by lostxn View Post
    I wonder if we will be able to get good people when they know Garrett is out on his ass with another bad season.
    Wouldnt it be sweet irony if Garrett's successor were someone we hire in this go round? He picks his staff, and watches one of them take his job, ala Fat Wade back in .... '07?
    Leading in defensive player suspensions, 5 years and counting

Quote Originally Posted by Genghis Khan View Post

LONG LIVE THE KING!!

7. The following user likes this post:

Quote Originally Posted by p1_ View Post
    Wouldnt it be sweet irony if Garrett's successor were someone we hire in this go round? He picks his staff, and watches one of them take his job, ala Fat Wade back in .... '07?
    Wasn't Garrett hired before Fat Wade though?
    For some reason I can't say that phrase out loud, its one of the reasons I will never be the actor Robert Downey Jr is. I always say Tastey Peabag instead of Pastey Teabag, and thats a really big difference on just a two letter swing.

Quote Originally Posted by Newt View Post
    Wasn't Garrett hired before Fat Wade though?
    Yes, but Garrett sandbagged Wade when he got tired of waiting for Jerry to fire him

10. The following 2 users like this post:

Garrett was the coach in waiting. Perhaps the next one is on the staff already. Judas?
    Leading in defensive player suspensions, 5 years and counting

Quote Originally Posted by p1_ View Post
    Garrett was the coach in waiting. Perhaps the next one is on the staff already. Judas?
    Or in the owners box.

They are waiting on Jerry's grandson.
    #Fire Garrett