User Tag List

Page 6 of 42 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 414

Thread: 2018 Cowboys hirings/firings thread...

  1. #51
    Teh Acester Texas Ace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    16,429
    Quote Originally Posted by midswat View Post
    I do mean it.

    But you're not getting rid of me. You guys are my best friends.


    I'll still be around as well. I have plenty to talk about besides Cowboys football on this forum, plus I've been a member going on 13 years so this is become part of my daily routine.

    I might even go into the Cowboys forum and poke and laugh at those when they're bitching about another poorly coached game in the middle of November.

    Last edited by Texas Ace; 01-02-2018 at 02:50 PM.
    2013 DCC Fantasy Football Champeen

  2. The following user likes this post:


  3. #52
    Senior Member Rev's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    8,456
    Quote Originally Posted by Texas Ace View Post


    I'll still be around as well. I have plenty to talk about besides Cowboys football on this forum, plus I've been a member going on 13 years so this is become part of my daily routine.

    I might even go into the Cowboys for him and poke and laugh at those when they're bitching about another poorly coached game in the middle of November.

    As a member and founder of the Fire Garrett clubhouse I will say that it doesn't have to be November for those poorly coached games.
    #Fire Garrett

  4. #53
    Teh Acester Texas Ace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    16,429
    Quote Originally Posted by Rev View Post
    As a member and founder of the Fire Garrett clubhouse I will say that it doesn't have to be November for those poorly coached games.
    Oh yea....it can happen in week 1.

    I just think it'll be silly for fans, especially on this forum since most here are pretty intelligent fans, to be bitching about the exact same thing next season.

    If you wanna keep watching, then go right ahead. To each their own. But if you're knowingly following the team despite their counterproductive way of doing things, then it doesn't make much sense to me to get upset those about those things it when they arise once more.

    I'd rather not even watch and that's exactly why I won't come next season.

    The way I look at it is, if you're willing to cheer and get your hopes up at draft time, then you're going to be mad when they blow another game via coaching in the fall.

    Why even go through that anymore?
    2013 DCC Fantasy Football Champeen

  5. #54
    Senior Member Angrymesscan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    2,235
    Quote Originally Posted by Texas Ace View Post
    Oh yea....it can happen in week 1.

    I just think it'll be silly for fans, especially on this forum since most here are pretty intelligent fans, to be bitching about the exact same thing next season.

    If you wanna keep watching, then go right ahead. To each their own. But if you're knowingly following the team despite their counterproductive way of doing things, then it doesn't make much sense to me to get upset those about those things it when they arise once more.

    I'd rather not even watch and that's exactly why I won't come next season.

    The way I look at it is, if you're willing to cheer and get your hopes up at draft time, then you're going to be mad when they blow another game via coaching in the fall.

    Why even go through that anymore?
    Why root for a team at all then?
    Just watch the game and in the end say "Yay! Such and such Won! Yipee!"
    I watch because I'm a fan, I bitch because I want my team to win, it's pretty logical and straight forward if you ask me...
    Do I think they'll win every game? No, that would be delusional. Do I hope they do? Absofuckinglutly, I'm a fan, that's what fans do. Am I trying to be more mature about it every year? Yes, I've even stopped crying after a loss...
    @Rev supporter

  6. #55
    Teh Acester Texas Ace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    16,429
    Quote Originally Posted by Angrymesscan View Post
    Why root for a team at all then?
    Just watch the game and in the end say "Yay! Such and such Won! Yipee!"
    I watch because I'm a fan, I bitch because I want my team to win, it's pretty logical and straight forward if you ask me...
    Do I think they'll win every game? No, that would be delusional. Do I hope they do? Absofuckinglutly, I'm a fan, that's what fans do. Am I trying to be more mature about it every year? Yes, I've even stopped crying after a loss...
    That's totally understandable under normal circumstances.

    But I just can't do it anymore with the Cowboys because there's a huge glaring hurdle that impedes our ability to advance as a team and it's being put there deliberately.

    That's what makes this situation unique, IMO, and why I can't see why more fans haven't reached a breaking point.
    2013 DCC Fantasy Football Champeen

  7. The following 3 users like this post:


  8. #56
    Senior Member Cowboysrock55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    22,871
    Quote Originally Posted by Texas Ace View Post
    That's totally understandable under normal circumstances.

    But I just can't do it anymore with the Cowboys because there's a huge glaring hurdle that impedes our ability to advance as a team and it's being put there deliberately.

    That's what makes this situation unique, IMO, and why I can't see why more fans haven't reached a breaking point.
    So once you're past the breaking point do you become a fan again once Garrett is gone? Or are you forever gone as a fan? Just curious?

    Fandom has never been anything that I can turn on or off like a light switch.

  9. #57
    Teh Acester Texas Ace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    16,429
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowboysrock55 View Post
    So once you're past the breaking point do you become a fan again once Garrett is gone? Or are you forever gone as a fan? Just curious?

    Fandom has never been anything that I can turn on or off like a light switch.
    I was just asked that about week or two ago on by @vince.

    If the Cowboys were to fire Garrett next year and attempt to finally do things the right way, I'd be back for sure.

    But let's say this goes on for another 3 or 4 years? I don't think I'll care all that much. I might have a little interest in the team, but probably in a way that someone does when they have an old hobby that they aren't active with anymore.

    As I said to him, its human nature to lose most of if not all of your interest in something the more time you become completely withdrawn from it. And I genuinely plan on becoming completely withdrawn from the Cowboys day-to-day business so long as this bullshit goes on.

    It's bad enough that Garrett is coming back, but if you believe Jerry, so will Linehan and Marinelli. That is basically spitting in the face of the fans and I don't know why anyone would continue to stand for that.

    I'm not.....not anymore, at least.
    2013 DCC Fantasy Football Champeen

  10. #58
    Senior Member Cowboysrock55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    22,871
    Quote Originally Posted by Texas Ace View Post
    I was just asked that about week or two ago on by @vince.

    If the Cowboys were to fire Garrett next year and attempt to finally do things the right way, I'd be back for sure.

    But let's say this goes on for another 3 or 4 years? I don't think I'll care all that much. I might have a little interest in the team, but probably in a way that someone does when they have an old hobby that they aren't active with anymore.

    As I said to him, its human nature to lose most of if not all of your interest in something the more time you become completely withdrawn from it. And I genuinely plan on becoming completely withdrawn from the Cowboys day-to-day business so long as this bullshit goes on.

    It's bad enough that Garrett is coming back, but if you believe Jerry, so will Linehan and Marinelli. That is basically spitting in the face of the fans and I don't know why anyone would continue to stand for that.

    I'm not.....not anymore, at least.
    Yeah and I guess that's sort of how I am with most other sports. I mean I used to really like the Magic in the NBA and the Stars in the NHL but at some point I just sort of stopped caring about those sports. I still pay attention to those teams but I really don't care that much what happens to them.

  11. #59
    Senior Member Rev's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    8,456
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowboysrock55 View Post
    So once you're past the breaking point do you become a fan again once Garrett is gone? Or are you forever gone as a fan? Just curious?

    Fandom has never been anything that I can turn on or off like a light switch.
    He is still a fan. Just a disgruntled fan that's not going to waste his time. I'm pretty much there myself but I will continue to watch. I've just been at it for too long to let Jerry completely win. I just won't purchase anything. Its all I got.
    #Fire Garrett

  12. The following 2 users like this post:


  13. #60
    Teh Acester Texas Ace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    16,429
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowboysrock55 View Post
    Yeah and I guess that's sort of how I am with most other sports. I mean I used to really like the Magic in the NBA and the Stars in the NHL but at some point I just sort of stopped caring about those sports. I still pay attention to those teams but I really don't care that much what happens to them.
    Exactly.

    And while I don't want that to happen with the Cowboys, I am absolutely prepared to allow it to get to that point if that's what needs to happen.

    But I am done supporting this product while Jerry Jones sticks the middle finger at me. He's been doing that to us for the better part of 20 years now, but now it's getting to insulting levels of disrespect.

    Screw that.
    2013 DCC Fantasy Football Champeen

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •