Gameday Chatter Thread | Cowboys at Redskins | Week 2 | 09-18-16

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
What the fuck was I thinking picking the Bears to win this game?

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
The Eagles are still a pretty shit team, the Bears and Browns are two of the worst 5-10 teams in the league and they played them mostly even through 3 quarters, pulling away late as both teams crumbled.

I thought the Eagles were a 5 win team, I'll bump that up to 7 at this point but it would take a huge horseshoe up their ass to get to 8 wins or more.

data

Forbes #1
Not for the drops, Wentz could be something like 22/32, 250 yards, 2 TDs, 0 INTs

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Not for the drops, Wentz could be something like 22/32, 250 yards, 2 TDs, 0 INTs
Seems like he always has a lot of drops though. Might have something to do with the fact that every throw is a fastball. Doesn't necissarily throw the most catchable ball. Even in the Senior Bowl guys were dropping his throws.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Seems like he always has a lot of drops though. Might have something to do with the fact that every throw is a fastball. Doesn't necissarily throw the most catchable ball. Even in the Senior Bowl guys were dropping his throws.
The TD drops were deep rainbow type throws. I wouldn't quite say every throw is a fastball.

Joe Fan

Brand New Member
Sure. I would absolutely love it if we didn't have to use a high draft pick in the next few drafts for a QB. I freely admit I didn't want him during the draft. But mostly that had to do with the rumors of us taking him in the second round. A comp pick at the end of the 4th? Ok. I can deal with that.

So far this preseason and regular season, he has shown he might be worth a hell of a lot more than a late 4th. I hope like hell we did luck into finding Romo's successor. I don't know if I can handle another stretch like the post-Aikman QB search.

But there are people already claiming he's the next in line behind Staubach and Aikman. That's some pretty lofty goals to put on him this early in his career. And if (when) he struggles, I'm sure those same people will be lighting the torches.
Yeah, I'm not going to go that far to say that he's the next Aikman or Staubach but there's absolutely that he's shown thus far to say that he can't be the guy for us.

I'm still looking forward to when the TDs start coming through the air for him. That's when I think he'll truly be taking his game to the next level.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
The bottom line with Prescott is if he was a highly touted prospect that we had taken 4th overall everybody would be completely satisfied with the idea of him as our QB for the next 10 years. The only reason there is any trepidation is because of his draft status.

Now, comparing him to Aikman or Staubach is completely asinine, but there is no reason to think of him as anything but our future aside from his draft status.

Joe Fan

Brand New Member
It does piss me off that Wentz went to the Eagles. He's who I wanted this draft and was beyond pissed that we lost him.

I'd feel much better if he had ended up in LA or Cleveland instead.

Joe Fan

Brand New Member
The bottom line with Prescott is if he was a highly touted prospect that we had taken 4th overall everybody would be completely satisfied with the idea of him as our QB for the next 10 years. The only reason there is any trepidation is because of his draft status.

Now, comparing him to Aikman or Staubach is completely asinine, but there is no reason to think of him as anything but our future aside from his draft status.
Agreed 100%.

Does anyone think that LA wouldn't be beyond thrilled if Goff had anywhere remote close to this type of performance?

Hoffa

DCC 4Life
Eagles definitely have a good one in Wentz, but us having Dak makes it a little easier to tolerate.

I'd probably kill myself if I was a Rams fan though.

Joe Fan

Brand New Member
Eagles definitely have a good one in Wentz, but us having Dak makes it a little easier to tolerate.

:lol

True story! I think Browns fans are probably on suicide watch also. Knowing they fucked up and passed on Wentz and will likely screw up the picks they got from the eagles also.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester

I wasn't crazy about Goff coming out of college, but it's hard to say how much of his struggles are him and how much are the staff's fault.

The Rams have been crap for a long time and they haven't developed any young offensive talent in recent memory.

I used to be a fan of Fisher, but I don't think he's very good anymore.

Top Bottom