Gameday Chatter Thread | Cowboys at Redskins | Week 2 | 09-18-16

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I wouldn't bet on it.

Chances are he's going to eventually take a sack where a DL lands on him and his shoulder like what happened to Garopplo yesterday.
That's already ended with 3 broken collarbones for him. His bones are brittle.

kidd

DCC 4Life
Will Romo ever be healthy again?
Good question. The only way to find out is to put him in when cleared.

I know there are those here who are ready to move on and I will be as well when we know for sure.

And yes I'll admit a part of me still wants to see him lead this team to a championship and take his rightful place among the greatest.

But if he can't do it, he can't do it. To quote another poster here, we have to wait and see.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

I know there are those here who are ready to move on and I will be as well when we know for sure.

And yes I'll admit a part of me still wants to see him lead this team to a championship and take his rightful place among the greatest.

But if he can't do it, he can't do it. To quote another poster here, we have to wait and see.
The hard thing is even if Romo is still better then Prescott at what point do you say Prescott at 1 mil or less a season + 3 elite level defensive players in free agency is better then just Romo at 30 mil against our cap? I mean our resources to build this defense through free agency are just severly limited because of contracts like Romo's.

kidd

DCC 4Life
The hard thing is even if Romo is still better then Prescott at what point do you say Prescott at 1 mil or less a season + 3 elite level defensive players in free agency is better then just Romo at 30 mil against our cap? I mean our resources to build this defense through free agency are just severly limited because of contracts like Romo's.
I get what you're saying but there's a flip side to that which has already been pointed out. What if Dak is a one year wonder like Kaep or RGIII? Then you've traded away your best chance of winning.

And I still admit that a lot of this is coming from my inner Romo homer.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I get what you're saying but there's a flip side to that which has already been pointed out. What if Dak is a one year wonder like Kaep or RGIII? Then you've traded away your best chance of winning.
Because he isn't like those two QBs. Dak isn't benefiting from having a coach like Harbaugh coach him up. He isn't running a college offense in the NFL like RGIII did. Dak is running a real NFL offense and a high level. He doesn't have the attitude concerns that those two QBs you mentioned had either. Kaep is notoriously not a popular guy in the locker room. RGIII has always been pegged as lazy in the NFL.

Dak just doesn't have those red flags. So I don't worry about regression with him. Plus with Romo you have serious risks of injury every snap that you just don't have with Dak.

Listen I love Romo. But having a QB eating up 30 mil of cap a year and playing 8 games a year is going to do nothing but screw us as fans. Romo will have this year regardless but if he doesn't get the job done this year I'm moving on next year. Maybe things will change but that's the way I see it right this second.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are

And who would that be? :towel

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Pretty cool stat lifted from PercyHoward.

PercyHoward said:
5 QB (and ties) with most attempts on 3rd and 7+

Prescott 13 of 15 149 yd 0 td 0 int 8 fd 108.1
Newton 8 of 12 136 yd 0 td 0 int 7 fd 104.9
Rodgers 8 of 12 152 yd 1 td 1 int 5 fd 102.8
Bortles 10 of 14 129 yd 1 td 1 int 2 fd 94.0
Gabbert 6 of 16 35 yd 1 td 0 int 3 fd 66.7
Dalton 7 of 14 106 yd 0 td 1 int 2 fd 45.5
Luck 6 of 12 63 yd 0 td 1 int 4 fd 30.9

And Dak has yet to run on 3rd down. Newton and Rodgers have already run 3 times each.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member

And I still admit that a lot of this is coming from my inner Romo homer.
I understand anything can happen in any given year but I look at it like this. We've already seen the best of Romo. Even during his prime years he usually only led this team to 8 wins. So I just don't see an older guy coming off two major upper body injuries coming back and setting the league on fire. You also have to factor in that the injuries he suffered affect arm strength and velocity.

So considering all that, I'm not too worried about the risk of moving on from Romo too early. He probably only has a couple of productive years left in him anyhow.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Jesus, who is this guy singing the anthem?

It reminds me of a cartoon.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
He sings the anthem at the Chicago Blackhawk games.

Can't believe the black guy had to school you on the NHL.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Douche [STRIKE]head coach[/STRIKE] defensive coordinator has the Eagles D playing well.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
That was a real weak ass start to the game.

I like Fox as a head coach, but I think he has run out of juice.

data

Forbes #1
Isn't that an issue with all QBs though? Kaep probably had more to do with Harbaugh then anything. That's why he looked good for like 3 years before he badly regressed and fell apart.

RGIII is as much injuries and attitude that took him out of it. The NFL stands for "not for long" for a reason. You can't ever count on these guys from one year to the next it seems.
Is Dak doing anything similiar to what Kap was doing?

That's a lazy comparison and its no guarantee this blue chip prospect is better.

I am not saying Dak has proven everything but who is this blue chip prospect that is even on the horizon?

And the funny thing is if Dak was a blue chip prospect before this draft and playing this well nobody would be raising any questions.
RGIII and Kaep took different approaches to this game than Dak has. They were both way more prone to run sooner rather than later. That's because they couldn't get through their progressions nearly as quickly as Dak has. Which just shows how football smart Dak is, and how football stupid those other two are. You can't teach good football smarts in QBs. It is inherent, normally. Dak has it coming straight out of college. RGIII and Kaep will never have it.
Kaep and RGIII were successful early because they were leaning on using their legs and gimmicky offenses.

That's not been the case with Dak, he's been largely a pocket passer.
:lol ppl up in arms...

Clarification, I'm not comparing Dak's capabilities/style to Kaep or RGIII, just that one successful season doesn't guarantee that he's QB of the future. While in the short term the wins were nice, the 49ers are heavily paying the penalty for realizing Kaep sucks late (at least could still have Alex Smith). On the other hand, the Eagles realized one-year wonder Nick Foles wasnt the answer and didnt pay the 49ers penalty. I'd rather us follow the Eagles than 49ers. Therefore, we need to push/challenge/open up the offense with Dak as much as we can while Romo's on the bench.

Somehow, the Broncos saw enough of Brock Osweiler.

Top Bottom