Fantasy Football: Questions/Discussion

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
[MENTION=141]jsmith6919[/MENTION], you just did sneak out a win in our ESPN league. :lol

Jiggyfly

Banned
This FF is so random.

I have gotten squat from Peterson this year and have gone 1 and 1.

I need another RB if anybody is interested in a trade.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
This FF is so random.

It's all luck. You can hedge your bets with proven guys. Some weeks they will all score at the same time and other weeks you get squat.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Jiggyfly

Banned
It's all luck. You can hedge your bets with proven guys. Some weeks they will all score at the same time and other weeks you get squat.
Yeah I can see.

what is average for a good week of scoring?

90's or 100's?

Cotton

Staff member
Yeah I can see.

90's or 100's?
Depends on that league's scoring. They all vary. In our leagues I would say the average would be around 100. To give you some contrast I scored 188 this week in another league I'm in.

Rev

Staff member
Yeah I can see.

90's or 100's?
Does your league have Point Per Reception? You will have a higher average of you do. If not 80 to 90 seems a bit above average for a general fantasy league with minimum positions. Some play with more positions and custom scoring so it's hard to tell.

Rev

Staff member
This FF is so random.

I'm also in the same boat as you with Peterson. To make it worse I have him in Jsmiths keeper league and he was one of my keepers. Peterson is right there on the edge. Too good to not keep but too old for a RB to keep putting up crazy numbers. Had to keep because I would have kicked myself if he went off for another season.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
Which two RB in a 1.0 PPR and why?

Langford @ DAL
Sims vs. LA
Bernard vs. DEN
M. Jones @ NYG
Ajayi vs. CLE
McKinnon @ CAR

Rev

Staff member
Which two RB in a 1.0 PPR and why?

Langford @ DAL
Sims vs. LA
Bernard vs. DEN
M. Jones @ NYG
Ajayi vs. CLE
McKinnon @ CAR
Probably not the best matchups but I would go with McKinnon and Bernard.

McKinnon because workload will increase and Vikings will still run the ball. Bernard because you get receptions as well. Bernard is the one I'm more concerned with between the two so if someone else has a better suggestion between Ayaji or Simms you may take one of them instead.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

McKinnon because workload will increase and Vikings will still run the ball. Bernard because you get receptions as well. Bernard is the one I'm more concerned with between the two so if someone else has a better suggestion between Ayaji or Simms you may take one of them instead.
Simms, with the injury to Martin, he catches balls and now will get the carries as well.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member

Simms, with the injury to Martin, he catches balls and now will get the carries as well.
Sims is one I was figuring was at the top of the list with Martin being out for the next 3 weeks or so. I am pretty sure I will be starting him, but the second guy is still up in the air. Bernard was great last week but it is hard to predict his usage week to week, plus they play Denver. Ugh. Ajayi would be interesting if he was for sure going to get the bulk of the carries but it sounds like it may be a true rotation/committee. I think the coaching staff hates him. I don't love Matt Jones against that NYG front. They looked pretty good against Dallas' run game in week 1. I like McKinnon but not the matchup or the fact that he will rarely get a goal line carry (should be a good PPR guy with the right matchup though). Langford is not great and it sounds like John Fox is less than impressed with how he has started the season. I like him vs. Dallas' run D but I fear him doing very little early in the game and then not seeing much more playing time. The one thing I noticed last week though is that they do tend to keep him in there on passing downs because them seem to trust him to pick up the blitz.

This is the dilemma I am going to face all season because my two keepers were A. Brown and J. Jones and my first two picks were J. Reed and A. Luck. I had to take a shotgun approach to RB and this is what I get. I had Woodhead and Abdullah but of course they are now on IR so McKinnon and Ajayi was the best I could do to replace them.

Last edited:

Jiggyfly

Banned
Does your league have Point Per Reception? You will have a higher average of you do. If not 80 to 90 seems a bit above average for a general fantasy league with minimum positions. Some play with more positions and custom scoring so it's hard to tell.
It's Yahoo I don't think its PPR.

radkowboy

Brand New Member
Fantasy Football Trade advice

Fantasy Football Trade advice

Gentlemen,

I am trying to pull off a RB for WR trade. I am considering trading one of these running back: Latavious Murray, Dovante Freeman, Todd Gurley or Carlos Hyde for Demaryious Thomas. Which running back would you guys be willing to part with? It is a ppr league and I can start 3 RB's or 4 WR'S.

Thank you

D

Deuce

Gentlemen,

I am trying to pull off a RB for WR trade. I am considering trading one of these running back: Latavious Murray, Dovante Freeman, Todd Gurley or Carlos Hyde for Demaryious Thomas. Which running back would you guys be willing to part with? It is a ppr league and I can start 3 RB's or 4 WR'S.

Thank you
I would trade Murray. His value is at it's peak and his current production is unlikely to continue with his touches diminishing.

radkowboy

Brand New Member
Thank you. Can you tell me how you change your profile pic and signature on here? I've been away for a while and don"t remember how.

Cotton

Staff member
Thank you. Can you tell me how you change your profile pic and signature on here? I've been away for a while and don"t remember how.
Looks like you got it. :thumbsup

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
Arian Foster in on the waiver wire in my 1.0 PPR league. We only have 1 starting RB slot in that league but have 2 starting Flex spots. I have a bunch of OK but not great RB options in McKinnon, Bernard, Sims, M. Jones, & K. Dixon. McKinnon and C. Sims are on bye next week.

I am considering dropping Sims for Foster. I am not planning on starting Sims this week and Martin is expected back in week 7 after Tampa's bye. I know Foster probably won't stay healthy but is the risk/reward worth it (he is expected back next week)? Sims is a decent Flex option in PPR even with Martin active but not a real high upside one.

I could drop Dixon but I think he has a shot to really gain touches/value as the season goes on in Baltimore. I could also drop Wentz since Luck is my starter, but that shaky ass OL makes me nervous about Luck being my only QB and Wentz will not sit on the wire if I drop him at this point.

So drop Sims, Dixon, or Wentz for Foster or stand pat?

Rev

Staff member
Arian Foster in on the waiver wire in my 1.0 PPR league. We only have 1 starting RB slot in that league but have 2 starting Flex spots. I have a bunch of OK but not great RB options in McKinnon, Bernard, Sims, M. Jones, & K. Dixon. McKinnon and C. Sims are on bye next week.

I am considering dropping Sims for Foster. I am not planning on starting Sims this week and Martin is expected back in week 7 after Tampa's bye. I know Foster probably won't stay healthy but is the risk/reward worth it (he is expected back next week)? Sims is a decent Flex option in PPR even with Martin active but not a real high upside one.

I could drop Dixon but I think he has a shot to really gain touches/value as the season goes on in Baltimore. I could also drop Wentz since Luck is my starter, but that shaky ass OL makes me nervous about Luck being my only QB and Wentz will not sit on the wire if I drop him at this point.

So drop Sims, Dixon, or Wentz for Foster or stand pat?
I wouldn't drop Wentz. Luck has had some shoulder issue for weeks that has limited him in practice. It's not a good combo with that offensive line.

Top Bottom