2016 DCC Fantasy Football League

Status
Not open for further replies.

P_T

Baddest MoFo Around
Well... Yahoo won't let me change the roster positions since the draft has already passed (which makes no sense), IIRC, last year the NFL FFL allowed me to do so up until the first game. Sorry. From now on, I'm going to go back to registering the league in July, that way I have plenty of time to get everyone in and make the necessary changes.

dallen

Senior Tech
Well... Yahoo won't let me change the roster positions since the draft has already passed (which makes no sense), IIRC, last year the NFL FFL allowed me to do so up until the first game. Sorry. From now on, I'm going to go back to registering the league in July, that way I have plenty of time to get everyone in and make the necessary changes.
It isn't a big deal either way

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I can understand why they wouldn't let you do it because roster positions impact the way people draft. Since we had 3 WR slots I loaded up on WRs. If it were a flex position I probably would have drafted some of my RBs earlier.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I can understand why they wouldn't let you do it because roster positions impact the way people draft. Since we had 3 WR slots I loaded up on WRs. If it were a flex position I probably would have drafted some of my RBs earlier.
Yeah, it absolutely changes how I would draft.

P_T

Baddest MoFo Around
Ok... well, everyone be sure to check if you have any players in tonite's game and let's do this.

Still no takers for Zeke?

Jiggyfly

Banned
So does the your weekly points total contribute anything towards the overall season or is just the head to head matchup?

Also how does the waiver wire work and when does it start?

1bigfan13

Staff member
So does the your weekly points total contribute anything towards the overall season or is just the head to head matchup?

Also how does the waiver wire work and when does it start?
This is a head to head league so the points reset each week. However, total points do count as a tie breaker for playoff spots.

Waiver pick ups usually start early Tuesday morning. Once you pick up a player you go to the bottom of the waiver priority ranking.

Jiggyfly

Banned
This is a head to head league so the points reset each week. However, total points do count as a tie breaker for playoff spots.

Waiver pick ups usually start early Tuesday morning. Once you pick up a player you go to the bottom of the waiver priority ranking.
Ok thanks.

I was looking on the FFS site, I did not see anything about waivers?

1bigfan13

Staff member
Ok thanks.

I was looking on the FFS site, I did not see anything about waivers?
There are available players who are pure FAs who you can pick up at any time. Picking up pure FAs doesn't affect your waiver priority ranking.

Similar to the real NFL, when a player is released from another fantasy team he's placed on waivers for 24-48 hours, depending on league rules. During that time period you can put in your waiver bid for the guy. If no one claims the player after that 24-48 hour period then he becomes a normal FA.

dallen

Senior Tech
There are available players who are pure FAs who you can pick up at any time. Picking up pure FAs doesn't affect your waiver priority ranking.

Similar to the real NFL, when a player is released from another fantasy team he's placed on waivers for 24-48 hours, depending on league rules. During that time period you can put in your waiver bid for the guy. If no one claims the player after that 24-48 hour period then he becomes a normal FA.
And all FA players are on waivers from when the first game begins until the waiver period ends.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Ok I think I understand I just need to add a guy to my roster if he is waived or is available as a FA right?

dallen

Senior Tech
Ok I think I understand I just need to add a guy to my roster if he is waived or is available as a FA right?
It will say when you try to add them if they are a FA or on waivers. You can add as many FAs whenever you want without affecting your waiver priority

P_T

Baddest MoFo Around
Jiggy, when you go to the FA players list, if you see a date in parentheses next to thier name, that is the date they come off waivers.

P_T

Baddest MoFo Around
I am still trying to trade Zeke, I have had one offer so far, but I am hoping to get a receiver. I really do not like having Cowboys players on my fantasy teams out of strong superstition*.

The first and only time I ever drafted Cowboys' players in an online draft was in 2000... I drafted Troy Aikman and Joey Galloway. We all know how their seasons panned out.

I think Zeke's subpar performance yesterday was a result of him being on my roster.

* and for the record, I realize how irrational that may seem, but I have others as well.

P_T

Baddest MoFo Around
The DCC Fantasy Football League Champion for 2016

Deuce

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
The DCC Fantasy Football League Champion for 2016

Deuce
There are two leagues now. So, from here on out, there will be two trophies awarded.

data

Forbes #1
There are two leagues now. So, from here on out, there will be two trophies awarded.
Why can't the two champions play against each other Week 17?

It'd be Deuce vs the Junior B Squad Sacrificial Lamb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom