User Tag List

Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Draft Chatter Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Iamtdg View Post
    The difference between 16 and 20 could be massive depending on how the picks fall. Best example is Roquan Smith. He very well could be there at 16, but much less likely at 20.
    It's possible someone that we will be targeting is still available at 20 but odds aren't likely that'll happen. I still remember when we were at 17 and looked like a shoe-in to get Jerry Rice only to have the 49ers trade up to 16 to get him. That's an extreme example but there's a big difference between 16 and 20. Probably see a couple of our targets go right ahead of us.

Thank goodness Iím not looking for getting to the QB out of my 1T. Disrupt the middle of the line on passing plays to collapse that pocket and stuff the run like a beast. He does both.
    So what do you base your analysis on then? Everything I've seen had Shelton as a higher rated player. Certainly it wasn't Penn State gashing them in the bowl game?

One-armed Knife Sharpener Iamtdg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowboysrock55 View Post
    So what do you base your analysis on then? Everything I've seen had Shelton as a higher rated player. Certainly it wasn't Penn State gashing them in the bowl game?
    Shelton was more of a pass rushing DT than he is for sure, but Vea (from what I’ve seen) is much better at clogging the middle on run plays, and is still effective collapsing the pocket. You keep choosing one game to disprove his run stopping ability. You can’t cherry pick when evaluating players.
    2016 DCC LOTY Fantasy Football Champion

Quote Originally Posted by lostxn View Post
    I'd rather keep Hitchens and roll with our current LBers. We could use an OLB though but not in the first IMHO. Calvin would be great but yeah, not gonna happen without a trade up. I do want a WR in the first though. I want Kirk now. Think he's the burner we need. Sutton also looks good but unless we're cutting Dez, I'm not sure we need two jump ball receivers who can't get separation.

No way we get Harrison, btw. We rarely pick safeties high. RW was the last.
    You might be right about Harrison but we picked Byron Jones in the first pretty recently. So I wouldn't be surprised if we took one in the first. Especially with our love of DBs. And frankly a stud safety would really finish this secondary.

I like Christian Kirk but I don't know if he is going to be a first rounder or not. I love his speed but I'll need to watch more to see how much of a natural hands catcher he is.

Shelton was more of a pass rushing DT than he is for sure, but Vea (from what I’ve seen) is much better at clogging the middle on run plays, and is still effective collapsing the pocket. You keep choosing one game to disprove his run stopping ability. You can’t cherry pick when evaluating players.
    That's fair, it's just the most recent Washington game I've watched. I think Vita Vea gets this urban legend type love because he covers kicks. Hell even in the Penn State game he made a tackle on kick coverage. But I don't see the monster on the D-line that justifies a first round pick. He looks to me like most second round picks that play NT in the NFL. Not someone deserving of a mid first round grade.

You might be right about Harrison but we picked Byron Jones in the first pretty recently. So I wouldn't be surprised if we took one in the first. Especially with our love of DBs. And frankly a stud safety would really finish this secondary.

I like Christian Kirk but I don't know if he is going to be a first rounder or not. I love his speed but I'll need to watch more to see how much of a natural hands catcher he is.
    Hand catcher. Also returns punts. He reminds me of Steve Smith though people compare him to Odell. I don't really see that.

Quote Originally Posted by lostxn View Post
    Hand catcher. Also returns punts. He reminds me of Steve Smith though people compare him to Odell. I don't really see that.

Reminds me actually most of Tyreek Hill. Super dangerous return man who is a big play waiting to happen.

Reminds me actually most of Tyreek Hill. Super dangerous return man who is a big play waiting to happen.
    Maybe so. I suspect Tyrek is faster though.

Quote Originally Posted by boozeman View Post
    Garrett would defer. It is his new thing.

One-armed Knife Sharpener Iamtdg's Avatar
    2016 DCC LOTY Fantasy Football Champion