Moore (DMN): Blame the head coach for Cowboys' loss, too

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
And that's the critique. If the defense is selling out to stop the run, but willing to give up the intermediate routes, they are saying we will give you 20 receptions to shrimp and Witten and risk the occasional long ball with a new quarterback, but we will not let you run it down our throats.

So if the defense is giving you the intermediate stuff, and you know their linebackers suck, you must, must get the ball to Dez and Williams and Dunbar in that intermediate area. Otherwise, you let the defense dictate not only the areas of the field you can attack, but the personnel with whom you can attack them.
Yep.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Went deep three times. Didn't work out. What more do you people want???

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
"It's hard to run the ball in the NFL." - Jason Garrett

Has this guy ever admitted to making a mistake?
That is why I have always considered him arrogant and stubborn. He never points the finger at himself and rarely thinks his approach was flawed.

Joe Fan

Brand New Member
That is why I have always considered him arrogant and stubborn. He never points the finger at himself and rarely thinks his approach was flawed.
This is beyond infuriating. This jackass just doesn't get it and both he and our retarded owner needs to remember that you don't get awarded a fucking participation trophy just for showing up.

Tired of this lackluster bullshit.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
This is beyond infuriating. This jackass just doesn't get it and both he and our retarded owner needs to remember that you don't get awarded a fucking participation trophy just for showing up.

Tired of this lackluster bullshit.

I think there's a misconception that the Jones' are unaware of certain things when it comes to football and how to build a winner.

When Jerry actually speaks in normal English, he'll often say the things that you want to hear. When the Cowboys struggle during the season, he'll correctly point out a lot of the same issues that we too are frustrated with as well.

He rightfully called out the coaching staff last year at times for their shortcomings in areas that we discussed on this very board, so the man isn't as blind or clueless as we often joke he is.

The problem is that he knows that in order to really get the team running in a manner that would be more conducive to winning, it would require hiring the types of people and personalities that he would rather not work with.

Why do you think he hired Parcells? Sure, any person who watched football in 2003 already knew Parcells was a good coach, but he specifically chose Parcells, IMO, because he knew the man was an excellent team-builder....and build the team he did. He built a roster that allowed Jerry to field a mostly competitive team for the last 10 years, so in that respect, it worked out the way Jerry had hoped.

However, while he enjoyed that side of things, he didn't enjoy being restrained to the extent that he was and I don't think it's likely that he'll put himself in that same situation again knowing he doesn't have many years left. He knows what really needs to be done to rectify the problem in Dallas, but he just isn't willing to go that far.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
The focus going forward should be getting the ball into the hands of the faster athletic receivers.....Dez, Butler, and Williams. But of course that won't happen.
A.K.A Wide Receivers.

Stop talking around it, Cole Beasley was exposed as the fraud he is.

He brings the production of a TE minus the ability to block. He can't even fake like he's going to block.

Better to have two running backs in (except Dunbar).

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
A.K.A Wide Receivers.

He brings the production of a TE minus the ability to block. He can't even fake like he's going to block.

Beasley wasn't exposed. The game plan was exposed. None of us said the he was supposed to get near that many targets. He has a role with this team and the staff chose to play it safe with Dak.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
A.K.A Wide Receivers.

That's a bit over the top. Beasley came through as a go to receiver even though he should not have been in that mode. Hard to fault a player who steps up when called on.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
A.K.A Wide Receivers.

:lol

dallen

Senior Tech
A.K.A Wide Receivers.

No ability to block, except that time he had a key block on Zeke's TD run Sunday

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Coming into this year I made a vow to myself to give it another 5 years to see how things look. At that point if it's still business as usual regarding the rampant nepotism and incompetence of the franchise then I'm officially throwing in the towel and switching allegiances.
Sounds like me five years ago.

Top Bottom