2016 College Football Chatter

Status
Not open for further replies.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
[MENTION=6]1bigfan13[/MENTION]

When OU loses to Ohio State this weekend, do you think it'll result in some "fire Stoops" momentum going?
FIFY

And to answer your question......yes.

A lot of fans are finally getting tired of watching he and his brother come up short in big games year after year.

If Ohio State had a pocket passer I'd say OU has a chance, but since Barrett is a dual threat QB, Mike Stoops' defense will look clueless and unprepared as usual.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
It's been a few days.

FU Mayfield
FU Kingsbury
I've noticed your hatred for Kingsbury this year. When did you finally give up on him? Last year?

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
I've noticed your hatred for Kingsbury this year. When did you finally give up on him? Last year?
I don't want to give up on him but he definitely doesn't make it easy. Let's just say I still have one foot on the wagon. I've been tired of the Legend from the beginning. Was handed the keys to Lubbock without proving anything basically. Now runs the same team that has proven to never be able to win meaningful games. Spends time trying to be one of the players instead of fixing issues that have plagued the team for years.

To answer your question I will say I started out leery and have gone downhill each year.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I don't want to give up on him but he definitely doesn't make it easy. Let's just say I still have one foot on the wagon. I've been tired of the Legend from the beginning. Was handed the keys to Lubbock without proving anything basically. Now runs the same team that has proven to never be able to win meaningful games. Spends time trying to be one of the players instead of fixing issues that have plagued the team for years.

To answer your question I will say I started out leery and have gone downhill each year.
I think you might be surprised how hard he is on his athletes. But, overall, I agree. He has yet to prove anything outside of being able to put a ton of points on the board. Which means jack and shit when your defense is allowing even more.

Rev

Staff member
I think you might be surprised how hard he is on his athletes. But, overall, I agree. He has yet to prove anything outside of being able to put a ton of points on the board. Which means jack and shit when your defense is allowing even more.
You see more than I so I will take your word on that. Just hard to see the team so constantly penalized and dumb plays. Hard to see that and then see a WWE routine on Sportscenter.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are

I predicted about 2 or so seasons back he would be a whipping boy pretty soon. He is probably a nice guy but he has more Garrett traits than Woody Hayes regimen. He really wasn't quite ready to be a head coach at a major program. Hopefully he will turn the corner and get a taste for the granite nose approach. I would like to see him make it.

Cotton

Staff member
You see more than I so I will take your word on that. Just hard to see the team so constantly penalized and dumb plays. Hard to see that and then see a WWE routine on Sportscenter.
The WWE thing was stupid and should never have been allowed to happen. While he is hard on his athletes, he is also still young and immature. Hence why that stupid shit happened. Not a good look when it is your DC doing it and that side of the ball is singlehandedly keeping is from winning games. Just not smart.

Cotton

Staff member
To give some perspective, he is harder on his players than Leach was. Not that that is saying a lot.

Jiggyfly

Banned

Kind of reminds you of someone.

:tippytoe

Rev

Staff member
Kind of reminds you of someone.

:tippytoe
He had a little more than Garrett based on a successful offense but yeah I would say it's pretty close.

dallen

Senior Tech
Arkansas plays Texas State this weekend. Since we managed to hold on and eek out a win against LA Tech, Texas State must be the non-conference cream puff that we inexplicably lose to this season. At this point it is down to them or Alcorn State.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Who is the resident Iowa fan in here? Was that [MENTION=9]Cowboysrock55[/MENTION] ? What kind of offense do the Hawkeyes run, more passing or running oriented? NDSU's pass defense has been leaky so far this year, so was just kind of curious as to what to look for this Saturday.

As much as I'd love to see the Bison beat another ranked Div I school, I just don't see it happening this time. The offense is still clicking even with Easton Stick under center instead of Carson Wentz. But our defense lost a lot, and is still getting their feet wet. I just hope they have a good showing and keep it somewhat close.

Oh, and keep on eye on Nick DeLuca. After separating his shoulder in the first game, last week he had 15 tackles and a 40 yard pick six. 4 of those tackles were for a loss. :towel

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Who is the resident Iowa fan in here? Was that [MENTION=9]Cowboysrock55[/MENTION] ? What kind of offense do the Hawkeyes run, more passing or running oriented?
It's what I would call a balanced offense. We have an elite level talent at QB in Beathard but we aren't a spread pass happy team by any means. More of a traditional NFL style offense.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
It's what I would call a balanced offense. We have an elite level talent at QB in Beathard but we aren't a spread pass happy team by any means. More of a traditional NFL style offense.
Well, the Bison seem to play the run pretty well. But if you guys need yards in big chunks, feel free to pick on our corners. They don't seem to mind.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Well, the Bison seem to play the run pretty well. But if you guys need yards in big chunks, feel free to pick on our corners. They don't seem to mind.
I think you all will give us a tougher challenge then Iowa State whose QB was just god awful. But I expect Iowa to pull this out as they just wear you guys down.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
UH has pulled away in the 4th, but it ended up being the tight contest that I expected.

This was a potential trap game for Houston, but they found a way to get it done.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
UH has pulled away in the 4th, but it ended up being the tight contest that I expected.

This was a potential trap game for Houston, but they found a way to get it done.
They are a pretty sound team but they might be leaning on the QB too much. I something happens to him they will struggle in the ground game. I hope they stay undefeated at least most of the season because that will assist in Oklahoma moving back up in the standings assuming they can take care of business.

Rev

Staff member
They are a pretty sound team but they might be leaning on the QB too much. I something happens to him they will struggle in the ground game. I hope they stay undefeated at least most of the season because that will assist in Oklahoma moving back up in the standings assuming they can take care of business.
Mayfield will make sure they stay out of the top 25.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom