Gameday Chatter Thread |Cowboys v. Giants| 09-11-16

Jiggyfly

Banned
All in all, we're overreacting to the yardage stats because we lost. Giants didn't have a great offensive game, either. Biggest difference was redzone.

Bottom line - Giants 3 TDs (100% redzone) and Cowboys 2 FGs (0% redzone). Change one of those and we win even with Zeke's sub 4.0 avg and Dak's mixed debut.

2 of Giants TDs came on 3rd down.
This.

I see much more to build on than be mad about.

data

Forbes #1

:lol
It's also our dummy coaches' fault. This could've been our advantage. We won the coin toss and should've picked sides instead of receiving the ball.

Jiggyfly

Banned

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

The Jonesmajal, boys.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Not a chance. You are correct, he is a part of the network, but that hurts him because they have seen the way he coaches and gameplans.
I tend to agree with Schmitty. There is a chance they'll give him another job based solely on name recognition. You see it all the time in the NFL. NFL executives are incredibly lazy and don't want to do the work required to find up and coming talent.

That said, if he does catch on somewhere else I doubt he lasts more than 3 years. Because for the first time in a long time his job security will be based solely on results, not who he knows. And under those circumstances I'll gladly put up a month's pay betting that he won't last more than 3 years.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
Yesterday was the Weeden/Cassell 2.0
Gameplan.

Cotton

Staff member
Yesterday was the Weeden/Cassell 2.0
Gameplan.
I would agree with this. And, why is that? Because Garrett doesn't know how to gameplan for any QB other than Tony. But, then again, he doesn't really have to gameplan for Romo, since Romo just carries the team and takes that stress off of Garrett. If he had gameplanned even a little to Dak's strengths, we win that game.

Cotton

Staff member
I tend to agree with Schmitty. There is a chance they'll give him another job based solely on name recognition. You see it all the time in the NFL. NFL executives are incredibly lazy and don't want to do the work required to find up and coming talent.

That said, if he does catch on somewhere else I doubt he lasts more than 3 years. Because for the first time in a long time his job security will be based solely on results, not who he knows. And under those circumstances I'll gladly put up a month's pay betting that he won't last more than 3 years.
Not as a HC. He might get a shot as an OC, but that's about the best he can hope for, IMO.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
d. College Head Coach
This is going to be his best option because it is hard to imagine a team hiring him as a coordinator. Head coach at a decently successful college program is > than QB coach in the NFL, which I think is Garrett's ceiling at this point. Garrett may get another shot at a head coaching job in the NFL–plenty of shitty coaches has gotten more than one shot at it and Garrett is still relatively young–but he'll need to reestablish himself first.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Now THAT's a worthy poll. If fired from the Cowboys, what will Garrett's next job be?
a. NFL Head Coach
b. NFL Offensive Coordinator
c. NFL, but below OC (ie QB coach)
d. College Head Coach
e. College - Anything below HC
f. High School or Other
He'll get either B or C. If not right away then eventually.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I do buy that a little.

data

Forbes #1
Rich Kotite got hired twice. Think about that.
I see Garrett like a Marc Trestman. Never really impressed with anything he does, but somehow is always an NFL OC somewhere. At least Norv Turner offenses impress.

Smitty

DCC 4Life

The Jonesmajal, boys.
There has to be a way to fix that idiotic decision.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I see Garrett like a Marc Trestman. Never really impressed with anything he does, but somehow is always an NFL OC somewhere. At least Norv Turner offenses impress.
That's because there are a lot of shitty ass coaches out there who are worse than Garrett.

Top Bottom