Gameday Chatter Thread |Cowboys v. Giants| 09-11-16

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Lions WRs just as stupid w the sidelines
FWIW, Terence Williiams is trending on twitter. Over 22.9k laughing at him now.
It's amazing how many players in this league just don't grasp situational football or understand the rules of the game. Yet a lot of them have the nerve to dismiss fans opinions simply because we don't play the game.

data

Forbes #1
The 2nd half should cause people to pump the brakes on Dak.

Maybe he'll be good, maybe he won't, but it just goes to show that you can't go too crazy by what you see in the preseason.

The two things we praised him most for on the preseason were his poise and accuracy, both of which were bad in the 2nd half. Most of his throws were off and quite a few of them hit nothing but air and turf.

His choices on some of those throws were bad too, with the worst being the decision to throw a 10 yard pass in the middle of the field on the play before the Williams debacle.
Overreaction. His first game, dude.

lostxn

DCC 4Life
I didn't expect him to play like a pro bowler, but as a rookie making his first start he was good enough to win with a little help from the OL, RB and defense.
Yeah, no shit. I thought he was pretty good. Very good for a 4th round rookie in his first game. That being said, Wentz looked better...

Smitty

DCC 4Life
The 2nd half should cause people to pump the brakes on Dak.

Maybe he'll be good, maybe he won't, but it just goes to show that you can't go too crazy by what you see in the preseason.

The two things we praised him most for on the preseason were his poise and accuracy, both of which were bad in the 2nd half. Most of his throws were off and quite a few of them hit nothing but air and turf.

His choices on some of those throws were bad too, with the worst being the decision to throw a 10 yard pass in the middle of the field on the play before the Williams debacle.
This.

data

Forbes #1
I cant say his ceiling, but Dak's floor already better than Quincy, Hutch, Henson.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I didn't expect him to play like a pro bowler, but as a rookie making his first start he was good enough to win with a little help from the OL, RB and defense.
Could he have won? Sure.

But I didn't see anything I'd consider promising.

It wasn't much different from the types of performances we got last year from Weeden and Cassell.

He didn't turn the ball over, which is a plus, but he was lucky in that regard. So many balls bounced into the air and fell inches away from a defender.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
No shit. He had a good game for any QB. He had a great game for a rookie that has never played at this level before.

Stars

DCC 4Life
Yeah, no shit. I thought he was pretty good. Very good for a 4th round rookie in his first game. That being said, Wentz looked better...
I agree. But I think the Browns are decidely worse than the Giants. By a large margin.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Biggest disappointment of the day is Elliot and the OL.
Elliott definitely. Huge, huge disappointment and the number one reason we lost.

He doesn't look like he can play. We saw it last year with Randle. Getting 1 or 2 yards at best per run is just untenable.

And the fact that we kept sending him out there when Morris looked a thousand times better is borderline malpractice. It's the same idiocy we did last year.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
It's not an overreaction.

I'm not criticizing him, but there was absolutely nothing about that performance that showed any promise at all.

It was meh, and the expectation is that he would be more than meh.

Cotton

Staff member
Could he have won? Sure.

But I didn't see anything I'd consider promising.

It wasn't much different from the types of performances we got last year from Weeden and Cassell.

He didn't turn the ball over, which is a plus, but he was lucky in that regard. So many balls bounced into the air and fell inches away from a defender.
:lol

Okay, dude.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
No shit. He had a good game for any QB. He had a great game for a rookie that has never played at this level before.
Great game?

Now THAT is an overreaction.

He had less than 200 yards passing before that last drive.

1bigfan13

Staff member
I'd love to see what a respectable coach like a John Fox could do with this roster.

Not a Belichik because coaches like him rarely come around.

But give me a nice above average coach like Fox or McCarthy and this same roster probably finishes the season with 9 or 10 wins.

GShock

DCC 4Life
Elliott definitely. Huge, huge disappointment and the number one reason we lost.

He doesn't look like he can play. We saw it last year with Randle. Getting 1 or 2 yards at best per run is just untenable.

And the fact that we kept sending him out there when Morris looked a thousand times better is borderline malpractice. It's the same idiocy we did last year.
Underwhelming for sure, but Beasley and Dez's TD drops, and the Oline's abysmal performance rank higher for me.

Cotton

Staff member
It's not an overreaction.

I'm not criticizing him, but there was absolutely nothing about that performance that showed any promise at all.

It was meh, and the expectation is that he would be more than meh.
Hyperbole. He showed a ton of things that were promising. The very first play of the game he had a guy barreling down on him, and he calmly stepped to the side and threw it 30 yards to Dez. He showed lots that can be built on.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
Wentz is going to be good. I think he was the best QB in the draft over Goff. Dak missed on some throws and went with more underneath routes and check offs. He could've been better but I do like his poise and taking what the defense gives him without forcing the ball and turning it over. It was a very winnable game if he'd just had some help.

I also like he doesn't panic and look to run first. But sometimes its to a fault where he doesn't run even though nothing is open and he has lanes. It's admirable to want to be a pocket passer but he has the ability to make things happen with his legs too and should take it if the opportunity is there.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Great game?

Now THAT is an overreaction.

He had less than 200 yards passing before that last drive.
I agree. Wentz had a very good game for a rookie.

Dak was solid. He gave me hope that he'll be better going forward.

Top Bottom