Gameday Chatter Thread |Cowboys v. Giants| 09-11-16

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Great game?

Now THAT is an overreaction.

He had less than 200 yards passing before that last drive.
Great game for a rookie that has never played at this level before, is what I said. Dak is the absolute last player you should be bitching about right now.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I'm not criticizing him, but there was absolutely nothing about that performance that showed any promise at all.
Man you've said some retarded shit before but you've outdone yourself with this.

Probably the dumbest thing said on this board ever by anybody.

Jesus.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
:lol

Okay, dude.
Tell me what was different.

Weeden got off to a great start bs Atlanta.

Cassell started well vs the Giants.

But like those two, the good plays faded away and the struggling offense took over.

You know how close those losses were last year? We could've won 6 or 7 games with Weeden or Cassell with a good defense, and that is no different than what I saw today.

Cotton

Staff member
Wentz is going to be good. I think he was the best QB in the draft over Goff. Dak missed on some throws and went with more underneath routes and check offs. He could've been better but I do like his poise and taking what the defense gives him without forcing the ball and turning it over. It was a very winnable game if he'd just had some help.
Wentz was playing the Browns. Let's pull back a little before we anoint him.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Man you've said some retarded shit before but you've outdone yourself with this.

Jesus.
Ok.

You keep pretending that was any different than what we've gotten from the backup QB position over the last 3 seasons.

Cotton

Staff member
Tell me what was different.

Weeden got off to a great start bs Atlanta.

Cassell started well vs the Giants.

But like those two, the good plays faded away and the struggling offense took over.

You know how close those losses were last year? We could've won 6 or 7 games with Weeden or Cassell with a good defense, and that is no different than what I saw today.
I'm not going to go look up stats and shit. What I saw today out of Dak was heads and shoulders better than anything we saw out of those two scrubs.

Cotton

Staff member
That stupid shit body catching moron should be crying.

townsend

Banned

Jesus.
Bipo's probably said dozens of dumber things. But anyone who isn't pleased with Dak's performance in his first game ever, obviously has ridiculously unreasonable expectations. Dak played well enough for us to win. There are a lot of players on this team you can't say that about.

Cotton

Staff member
Ok.

You keep pretending that was any different than what we've gotten from the backup QB position over the last 3 seasons.
:lol

Jesus Christ.

townsend

Banned
What has to be the biggest disappointment is the rushing game. Which is to say Elliot's contributions to the rushing game. I feel like we win if Morris had been the feature back.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Elliott definitely. Huge, huge disappointment and the number one reason we lost.

He doesn't look like he can play. We saw it last year with Randle. Getting 1 or 2 yards at best per run is just untenable.

And the fact that we kept sending him out there when Morris looked a thousand times better is borderline malpractice. It's the same idiocy we did last year.
Harsh analysis. Maybe just lack of reps?

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I'm not going to go look up stats and shit. What I saw today out of Dak was heads and shoulders better than anything we saw out of those two scrubs.
Like I said, it's no different than the fast starts they got off to as well.

Fast start, struggling finish.

I'm not writing him off, I'm just saying that there was nothing about that performance today that I would consider being "promising".

Smitty

DCC 4Life
It's not an overreaction.

I'm not criticizing him, but there was absolutely nothing about that performance that showed any promise at all.

It was meh, and the expectation is that he would be more than meh.
I wouldn't say "nothing" but we have to realize Dak may be more of a fringe starter or backup than a Cam Newton.

data

Forbes #1
It's not an overreaction.

It was meh, and the expectation is that he would be more than meh.
So that's it then. Cut Dak, start Buttfumble next week and bring up Showers, right?

Cotton

Staff member
What has to be the biggest disappointment is the rushing game. Which is to say Elliot's contributions to the rushing game. I feel like we win if Morris had been the feature back.
Absolutely. To try to point the finger at anything but coaching and Zeke is retarded. Hell, even the defense gave us a chance.

Cotton

Staff member
I'm just saying that there was nothing about that performance today that I would consider being "promising".
And, you would be wrong.

Top Bottom