Gameday Chatter Thread |Cowboys v. Giants| 09-11-16

GShock

DCC 4Life
I would too.. But then again it wouldn't matter at all so long as Jerruh continues to call the shots.

That's why it'll never work and also why we're completely screwed as fans.
Have you seen the shiny new facility?

Joe Fan

Brand New Member
Tell me what was different.

Weeden got off to a great start bs Atlanta.

Cassell started well vs the Giants.

But like those two, the good plays faded away and the struggling offense took over.

You know how close those losses were last year? We could've won 6 or 7 games with Weeden or Cassell with a good defense, and that is no different than what I saw today.
Let's see.. First start as compared to veterans for one.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Harsh analysis. Maybe just lack of reps?

It's definitely harsh and maybe he just had a bad game, but he looked terrible. rB is among the easiest positions to just come in and play so I don't think it's a lack of reps, especially since he's been practicing for two weeks.

Hopefully he figures it out but what was alarming to me is that he lacked vision today and was slow to hit holes. Those are fatal flaws for running backs.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
Guys, I'm trying really hard to find a meme or think of a statement that is dumber than the blame Dak talk here.

D

Deuce

Garrett's in this class of coaches. Agree or disagree?

Jim Caldwell
Mike McCoy
Jay Gruden
Mike Mularkey
Rex Ryan

I don't think he's better than any of the other coaches in the league....excluding the first year guys.

One of the worst coaches in the league.
I wouldn't out Gruden in there. He got a division title out of Cousins. That's doing something with nothing.

Joe Fan

Brand New Member
He threw 0 interceptions, in his league debut. Also both Dez and Beasley dropped sure TDs. He even managed to make some pretty good decisions in the 2 minute drill. If you think that's the same as the nothing that Weedon or Cassell ever got going, you're sorely mistaken.

Cassel, Orton, and Weeden had already been coached up to their potential before they ever stepped foot in Dallas. THIS WAS A ROOKIE STARTING HIS FIRST GAME!
I don't agree with you often but you're spot on here.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
Want a disappointing rookie performance? Don't look at Dak.

Look at the fucking 4th pick of the entire draft.

Best RB since AP!! :lol

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Look at Belichik. No Brady. No Gronk. Yet still dominating a very good Super Bowl caliber opponent. On the road.

Coaching matters and for some reason Jerry doesn't understand that.

Joe Fan

Brand New Member
Why?

You are ready to write him off after 1 game.

The number of QB's starting the 1st game in their rookie seasons with better stat lines are minimal, I really have no idea what you exspected.
I guess he would have been looking to move on from Aikman also given his debut performance.

And no, I'm in no way comparing the two of them. Just blown away that some are so quick to toss a player away in a game that we nearly came up with a win.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I wouldn't out Gruden in there. He got a division title out of Cousins. That's doing something with nothing.
I struggled to think of coaches who are worse than Garrett. That was all I could think of, and as some have pointed out, some of those guys on my list have accomplished far more than Garrett and they have less to work with.

data

Forbes #1
That 11 yard run our defense gave up on 3rd & 12 was also a difference-maker.

The little things that add up...they seemingly subtract for us.

Top Bottom