Gameday Chatter Thread |Cowboys v. Giants| 09-11-16

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Look at Belichik. No Brady. No Gronk. Yet still dominating a very good Super Bowl caliber opponent. On the road.

Coaching matters and for some reason Jerry doesn't understand that.
Its a process.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
Look at Belichik. No Brady. No Gronk. Yet still dominating a very good Super Bowl caliber opponent. On the road.

Coaching matters and for some reason Jerry doesn't understand that.
He understands. He'd just rather not risk having someone else get credit again if we win.

Joe Fan

Brand New Member

Joe Fan

Brand New Member

data

Forbes #1
Next week, we'll have the lead with 1:00 remaining and TWill will run out of bounds.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah dumb mistake, and if he had gone out of bounds and we won the narrative right now about the team would be completely different. Seems like maybe barely playing our starters in preseason wasn't the brightest of ideas to get our team ready for the season.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jesus Christ, you simply don't know what you are looking at.
Couldn't agree more. It's like he has no idea what our team was like last year. Matt Cassel against the Giants last year, 1 TD and 3 picks. And lets remember the Giants spent a small fortune in the offseason fixing that defense.

Dak basically owned them with long slow drives. Our team just needed to do a better job of finishing the job.

shane

DCC 4Life
Couldn't agree more. It's like he has no idea what our team was like last year. Matt Cassel against the Giants last year, 1 TD and 3 picks. And lets remember the Giants spent a small fortune in the offseason fixing that defense.

Dak basically owned them with long slow drives. Our team just needed to do a better job of finishing the job.
Dak definitely impressed, although his pass accuracy needs some work. It seems like Dak works well out of that shotgun formation that Linehan loves to run too. The coaches would have been wise to run Morris more, which could have swung the game. He looks like he's in great shape and ready to be the lead back if Elliott underwhelms. The playcalling wasn't very good either. The coaching and the defense were terrible. Wouldn't expect anything less from these losers.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
Something tells me he's never going to have to worry about it at all.
That's the ironic part. He so wants to put himself in the position to have the spotlight to himself but hiring avg. or worse HC's only means there will be no glory or spotlight.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
That 11 yard run our defense gave up on 3rd & 12 was also a difference-maker.

The little things that add up...they seemingly subtract for us.
That's a very good point.

I know they only gave up 20 points but a lot of the reason for that was our ball control. The truth is the defense was bad today.

Interestingly we were at our worst defensively in the second and fourth quarters. That could mean our biggest problem is a lack of depth, or maybe a lack of conditioning. Or more likely both.

Joe Fan

Brand New Member
So that shit gets a roughing the passer but yet you can launch helmet to helmet and not get called?

townsend

Banned
Part of me would really hope for an entire season that looks like this. I think we have some decent pieces to develop on the offense. But we will never succeed with this garbage head coach. I'm so sick of Romo pulling 8 wins a year out of the jaws of a defeat to save Garrett's job. Jerry needs a real reason to fire Garrett, even a wildcard birth would earn JG another chance.

GShock

DCC 4Life
Part of me would really hope for an entire season that looks like this. I think we have some decent pieces to develop on the offense. But we will never succeed with this garbage head coach. I'm so sick of Romo pulling 8 wins a year out of the jaws of a defeat to save Garrett's job. Jerry needs a real reason to fire Garrett, even a wildcard birth would earn JG another chance.
There is no way we get rid of him unless the team quits on him.

We bought him at his peak price. Would cost too much to cut him loose.

Top Bottom