Predictions for Ezekiel Elliott 2016 Regular Season Rushing Yards/TDs.

Predictions for Ezekiel Elliott 2016 Regular Season Rushing Yards/TDs.

• >1,200 Rushing. <8 Rushing TDs

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
While I believe he should have a great year, it seems too good to be true.

So I'm assuming he gets hurt early in the season trying to truck a LB.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I predict a bunch of bitching when he's not on the field.
I doubt it. Morris looked damn good in preseason. I expect good thing from him, too.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
Staying healthy will obviously be the key. If he does then I think he could easily be in the 1000-1200 yard range. I went with 8+ TD's because I think he'll get a lot of opportunities near the goal line.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
Staying healthy will obviously be the key. If he does then I think he could easily be in the 1000-1200 yard range. I went with 8+ TD's because I think he'll get a lot of opportunities near the goal line.
Revision: Less than 1000 yards / less than 8 TD's.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Rookie in the first start of his career against a D-line that is supposed to be pretty great. Or at least it is paid like it. I'm not too worried.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I think the big beefy DLs really give us trouble on the OL. The Eagles gave us problems with Cox and Logan. Giants are giving us trouble with Hankins and Harrison. Two 300+ pound monsters inside seems to give us some fits.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I think the big beefy DLs really give us trouble on the OL. The Eagles gave us problems with Cox and Logan. Giants are giving us trouble with Hankins and Harrison. Two 300+ pound monsters inside seems to give us some fits.
Maybe although I think the insistence on using Witten to block Vernon over and over was probably one of the biggest reasons the running game didn't get going.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Maybe although I think the insistence on using Witten to block Vernon over and over was probably one of the biggest reasons the running game didn't get going.
With the effectiveness of Morris, Dallas should have been able to break the box with the passing game they had going. I believe the lack of a consistent running game will be a noose for this team unless the passing game gets better with the primary receivers.

The passing game was almost exclusively secondary receivers except Witten. Bryant was a non factor. That game strategy won't win games. The ball control was good enough but the yield was field goals.

I would like to see Morris as the starter to keep defenses honest then use Elliot as a change up runner. I doubt it will happen .

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
The problem with attributing Elliott's struggles to the Giants defense is that Morris looked just fine against the same defense. Maybe there were different looks or formations when Morris was in but it certainly raises an eyebrow.

Maybe it's a rookie thing and Elliott will catch up to the speed of the game, but it's worrisome.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Good point.

He also was to aggressive to hole and did not allow blocks to develop he missed a couple of opportunities to bounce it outside.

Once he watches the film I think he will understand what he missed.

Jiggyfly

Banned
The problem with attributing Elliott's struggles to the Giants defense is that Morris looked just fine against the same defense. Maybe there were different looks or formations when Morris was in but it certainly raises an eyebrow.

Maybe it's a rookie thing and Elliott will catch up to the speed of the game, but it's worrisome.
They ran more stretch plays with Morris but he was also a lot more patient.

Elliott just seemed over aggressive but he showed great vision on the TD run.

Smitty

DCC 4Life

They may have also been thinking run more when Elliott was in the game since he is supposed to be the featured back. Morris may have caught them in different looks.

But sure I agree its concerning. I was concerned about him in his first few carries against Seattle too, but then he ripped some longer ones. Got to the outside.

He didn't seem able to do that against the Giants, which is odd.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member

Morris hit the holes with explosiveness....Elliot tended to run east to west to often. Not going to be too critical of a rookie in his first game, the problem is with Jerry or Garrett insisting on starting the rookie due to his draft status instead of the better RB right now.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Morris hit the holes with explosiveness....Elliot tended to run east to west to often. Not going to be too critical of a rookie in his first game, the problem is with Jerry or Garrett insisting on starting the rookie due to his draft status instead of the better RB right now.
Actually it was the opposite, on Morris biggest run he actually came to a complete stop before the hole opened up.

townsend

Banned
I feel like Zeke just didn't show the strength that Morris had. When Zeke got caught, that was it. Morris frequently broke, at least, the first tackle.

Top Bottom