Dallas selected as host of 2018 NFL Draft

vince

Not So New Member
By Kevin Patra
Around the NFL writer
Published: Oct. 18, 2017 at 11:45 a.m. Updated: Oct. 18, 2017 at 12:31 p.m.

The 2018 NFL Draft is heading to the Lone Star State.

Commissioner Roger Goodell announced Wednesday that the Dallas Cowboys will host the 2018 NFL Draft at AT&T Stadium in Arlington, Texas -- the first time the event will take place inside an NFL stadium. The draft will run April 26-28.

The NFL has made the draft a road show the past three years, holding it in Philadelphia in 2017, and Chicago in 2015 and 2016.

The 2017 draft in Philadelphia, the first time a host city held the draft outside, was met with rousing success, setting an attendance record for the event.

"Philadelphia raised the bar by taking the Draft to another level, and this new opportunity in Dallas will enable us to continue the event's evolution and grow it even further," Goodell said in a release. "We are grateful to the Dallas Cowboys, the cities of Arlington, Dallas, and Frisco, and the Dallas Sports Commission for their leadership in turning this vision into reality."

With the 2018 iteration moving to Jerry World, expect an even bigger show to up the ante. After all, everything is bigger in Texas.

midswat

... soon
I would rather they keep it in New York, with rounds 1-3 on Saturday, and 4-7 on Sunday. Please and thank you.

Newt

DCC 4Life
I think my brother and I are gonna try to go, anyone else want to meet up and start funny charts toward Goodell?

Newt

DCC 4Life
Already packed my Koozie...

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
I think my brother and I are gonna try to go, anyone else want to meet up and start funny charts toward Goodell?
I'm going to try and make it

DLK150

DCC 4Life
Anybody that's going, make sure you have a nice big "WTF were you thinking??!!" sign.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I'm down. It's about a 6 1/2 hour drive for me, but not that big of a deal.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Thursday, Friday or Sat?
I would think we would want to do all 3 days. Everyone come in on Thursday early, get plenty tanked before round 1 starts and heckle the shit out of Goodell.

data

Forbes #1
I would think we would want to do all 3 days. Everyone come in on Thursday early, get plenty tanked before round 1 starts and heckle the shit out of Goodell.
So which sports bar we going to Thursday night, Friday and Saturday after we all get kicked out of Jerryworld? I'd still like to watch the draft. My silver & blue bodypaint can't be in vain.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
So which sports bar we going to Thursday night, Friday and Saturday after we all get kicked out of Jerryworld? I'd still like to watch the draft. My silver & blue bodypaint can't be in vain.
Make sure the silver looks vaguely green for some weird reason.

vince

Not So New Member
I'll def be there. I'm sure you all are dying to meet me.

Top Bottom