User Tag List

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: 2018 Early Declaration Thread...

As just after I write about not caring if TE’s are here or not, a stud TE from last years Notre Dame class announced he’s transferring to us.

UCF RS Jr’s Tre-Quan Smith (WR) and Jordan Akins (TE) declare.

Both studs and worth looking at. Akins less so simply because of knee history and he’s gotta be like 26 or 27 years old since he spent 4 years in the Texas Rangers system prior to coming in.

Smith has has been highly productive all 3 years and I think he led the nation in TDS over 20 yards with 9.

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    UCF RS Jr’s Tre-Quan Smith (WR) and Jordan Akins (TE) declare.

Both studs and worth looking at. Akins less so simply because of knee history and he’s gotta be like 26 or 27 years old since he spent 4 years in the Texas Rangers system prior to coming in.

Smith has has been highly productive all 3 years and I think he led the nation in TDS over 20 yards with 9.
    Smith definitely has been a big play guy in college football. I'm curious to see how fast he runs. Definitely someone I'll pay attention to as a middle round guy. I haven't watched much UCF but I'm definitely intrigued with him.

Akins is a feh to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboysrock55 View Post
    Smith definitely has been a big play guy in college football. I'm curious to see how fast he runs. Definitely someone I'll pay attention to as a middle round guy. I haven't watched much UCF but I'm definitely intrigued with him.

Akins is a feh to me.
    I don’t expect his 40 to be great. He’s a good route runner and has good long speed, but probably not quick enough to really pop in that drill.

Regardless, his film speaks for itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    I don’t expect his 40 to be great. He’s a good route runner and has good long speed, but probably not quick enough to really pop in that drill.

Regardless, his film speaks for itself.
    Yeah he definitely makes some highlight catches. You can see that on his highlights.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboysrock55 View Post
    Yeah he definitely makes some highlight catches. You can see that on his highlights.
    Phenomenal hands. He can make a tough catch anywhere on the field.

Also, he can run a complete route tree and run block. His first two years were in a pro style system with George O’Leary and you can’t get on the field if you can’t block

One-armed Knife Sharpener Iamtdg's Avatar
    2016 DCC LOTY Fantasy Football Champion

UCF CB Mike Hughes declared today.

A 1 year wonder as he was a JUCO transfer, but former 4* from UNC. Phenomenal year from him. He was a shutdown CB all season long, routinely took the best WR on the field which included Sutton from SMU, Pollard from Memphis twice and Valdez-Scantling from USF. Also a monster punt returner.

One-armed Knife Sharpener Iamtdg's Avatar
    2016 DCC LOTY Fantasy Football Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Iamtdg View Post
    72 tackles, that's not very impressive