2016 College Football Chatter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
OU is a joke. Stoops gets out-coached in nearly every big game he's in. It amazes me that he still has a job. At least Georgia was smart enough to can Mark Richt for being the same kind of coach: do just enough to keep your job, but not enough to win.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
OU is a joke. Stoops gets out-coached in nearly every big game he's in. It amazes me that he still has a job. At least Georgia was smart enough to can Mark Richt for being the same kind of coach: do just enough to keep your job, but not enough to win.
Bob Stoops would do himself a favor if he would dump brother Mike. His defensive schemes are just crazy at times. He allowed the Buckeyes to let their QB have all the time he needed in the first half. The Sooner defense got better in the second half but to little too late. Brother Bob has to know this because his background is with the defensive side. Oh well, the dream crusher spirit is still alive.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
Bob Stoops would do himself a favor if he would dump brother Mike. His defensive schemes are just crazy at times. He allowed the Buckeyes to let their QB have all the time he needed in the first half. The Sooner defense got better in the second half but to little too late. Brother Bob has to know this because his background is with the defensive side. Oh well, the dream crusher spirit is still alive.
Crush whose dream, though? No one in the Big XII is making the playoff, anyway.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Good to see the Tech Defense is improving. Only gave up 45 points to Louisiana Tech.

Might as well onside kick every time.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Good to see the Tech Defense is improving. Only gave up 45 points to Louisiana Tech.

Might as well onside kick every time.
We're in the same boat.

It's clear that Texas is much improved, and we have a good all around offense, but that defense remains a dumpster fire.

You can't give up 47 points and 50 points and expect to win against the good teams very often.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Mazzone wasn't my first choice when we hired an OC and I have had my wtf are you doing moments these first couple games but I love this response. It's refreshing to have an OC not blame the players execution

Jiggyfly

Banned

Mazzone wasn't my first choice when we hired an OC and I have had my wtf are you doing moments these first couple games but I love this response. It's refreshing to have an OC not blame the players execution
I have liked his play calling people seem to get people open but Knight has been very erratic.

There was also a bit of bad luck last week on some close potential TD plays.

And yeah it is great to hear him take responsibility.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
I have liked his play calling people seem to get people open but Knight has been very erratic.

There was also a bit of bad luck last week on some close potential TD plays.

And yeah it is great to hear him take responsibility.
My main problem with playcalling so far is getting away from the run too much

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
We all knew that USC was bad, but they're rapidly escalating to steaming pile of dog shit bad. Helton needs to be fired and that program needs to pull its head out of its ass and actually interview some qualified candidates.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
How did Michigan pull off starting the season with 5 straight home games?

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
What in the world is wrong with Notre Dame?

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
How did Michigan pull off starting the season with 5 straight home games?
It may have been part of the arrangement with having Iowa, Michigan State and Ohio State all on the road.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Duke is about to beat Notre Dame in South Bend. What. The. Hell.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
And what about the Gators giving up 38 unanswered points to the Vols?

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I hope they keep losing. Makes that Texas win look less impressive by the game.
Along those same lines, right after the Houston-OU game I said the same thing about Houston's win over Oklahoma. I said while everyone is patting Houston on the back for pulling off the upset over an "elite" team, 5 weeks from now that win won't look so impressive on their resume.

And two weeks later Oklahoma begin proving me right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom