Weekend Chatter Thread | Bye Week | 10/15/2017

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Still can't believe she put beans in the chili. Uncalled for.

Cotton

Staff member

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I have been meaning to try out the steaks from Costco. We have gotten their ground beef before, but never the steaks. Your report?
The meat there is very good. They also sell Prime meat instead of just Choice. Big difference. If I cannot get to the butcher, that is where I get all beef. Got a huge brisket yesterday for $2.99 a lb, prime too.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
The meat there is very good. They also sell Prime meat instead of just Choice. Big difference. If I cannot get to the butcher, that is where I get all beef. Got a huge brisket yesterday for $2.99 a lb, prime too.
Yep I get nearly all my briskets from Costco

data

Forbes #1
I have been meaning to try out the steaks from Costco. We have gotten their ground beef before, but never the steaks. Your report?
It's my go-to since I don't have a butcher. It's consistently good and there are times when it's special.

Remember baseball card collecting and you'd open up packs hoping for that special insert? Sometimes I'll go to different Costco's on different days and they've got Choice labelled/priced steaks that have marbling rivaling Prime.

So, I walk into Costco with an open mind and take where the marbling has value. Sometimes it's with the ribeyes, sometimes with the short ribs, sometimes with sirloin steaks...If nada, then I just go with pork ribs.

With only one TV, I don't have a big fridge, either, otherwise I'd roll with their $200 roasts.

---------

The Costco near K-Town here also carries special cuts specifically for Korean BBQ, so check out different Costcos.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Probably haven't typed this since like 1999.....I'm actually kind of looking forward to the Jacksonville-Rams game.

Cotton

Staff member
Good to know. How about their other meats? Chops? Chicken?

data

Forbes #1
Probably haven't typed this since like 1999.....I'm actually kind of looking forward to the Jacksonville-Rams game.
:lol I was looking at the schedule last night and went 'ooooh' when I saw this game. I paused and wondered if I did that out loud.

Cotton

Staff member
Exactly. When I saw the beans I was like, wtf is this crap? She wanted to try this new recipe she found. I told her she could make the recipe and leave out the damn beans. Ugh.

Cotton

Staff member
It's my go-to since I don't have a butcher. It's consistently good and there are times when it's special.

Remember baseball card collecting and you'd open up packs hoping for that special insert? Sometimes I'll go to different Costco's on different days and they've got Choice labelled/priced steaks that have marbling rivaling Prime.

So, I walk into Costco with an open mind and take where the marbling has value. Sometimes it's with the ribeyes, sometimes with the short ribs, sometimes with sirloin steaks...If nada, then I just go with pork ribs.

With only one TV, I don't have a big fridge, either, otherwise I'd roll with their $200 roasts.

---------

The Costco near K-Town here also carries special cuts specifically for Korean BBQ, so check out different Costcos.
I have had a Costco membership for over two years and have never tried their meats. I feel as if I have been missing out, now.

Cotton

Staff member
No doubt. It's amazing how fast they both turned it around. That, plus I have the Jags defense on all 4 of my FF teams.

data

Forbes #1
I have had a Costco membership for over two years and have never tried their meats. I feel as if I have been missing out, now.
Dude. I just discovered their gas price discounts a couple months ago. Easily $0.30 lower than surrounding gas stations and I save like $5 per fill-up. Does your Costco have a gas station?

data

Forbes #1
I hate any and all Redskins, but the more I learn about Kirk Cousins, the more I like him.

Cotton

Staff member
Dude. I just discovered their gas price discounts a couple months ago. Easily $0.30 lower than surrounding gas stations and I save like $5 per fill-up. Does your Costco have a gas station?
It does. Do you get the discount with just the regular membership?

data

Forbes #1
It does. Do you get the discount with just the regular membership?
You have to swipe your Costco card before you can start pumping gas, so you can't just pull up and fillup.

I would guess that all membership levels get gas station access, but you should confirm. I don't have the platinum levels or anything.

Cotton

Staff member
You have to swipe your Costco card before you can start pumping gas, so you can't just pull up and fillup.

I would guess that all membership levels get gas station access, but you should confirm. I don't have the platinum levels or anything.
And, it's a $.30 discount? That's pretty substantial.

Cotton

Staff member
...and all gas hoses are long enough to fillup on either side of car. So simple, yet groundbreaking.
Kinda like this farmer that figured out how to store energy. He simply pumped water uphill into a reservoir. Then, when he needed the energy, would run it back through turbines downhill to get the energy back. Simple, yet groundbreaking.

Top Bottom