Interest in Navarro Bowman

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Supposedly the 49ers are shopping him and Ed Werder says that he's heard we're at least looking to see what the 49ers would want.

With as bad as our LBs are, I think we absolutely should at least be kicking the tires.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Why was he released, out of curiosity?
Part his physical skill had diminished after a knee and Achilles injuries. They also told him he was going to get his playing time reduced and he didn't like it. They also would have had a huge cap hit on him since he was signed to a pretty huge contract by the former GM and Lynch didn't feel it was best to go through with it.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Well, our current MLB's entire leg is shot. So there is that.
Our linebacker play at the moment is so awful that he's at least worth a look.

Even if he could be 70% of what he used to be, that would make him the second best linebacker on the roster behind Lee.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Part his physical skill had diminished after a knee and Achilles injuries. They also told him he was going to get his playing time reduced and he didn't like it. They also would have had a huge cap hit on him since he was signed to a pretty huge contract by the former GM and Lynch didn't feel it was best to go through with it.
Mostly what I have heard is that they are trying to clear the way for Foster. My 49ers fan friends are pissed they released him. I don't think his talent has diminished as much as he just doesn't make sense for a rebuilding team with his replacement in the wings.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
At least kick the tires on him. Shoot, my diminutive ass would probably be an upgrade over our current LBs.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

"Interested in exploring".

:lol

Monday after he signs a cheap deal elsewhere:

He was a consideration, eh, ehmmm, but as I stand here right now, we decided, collectively, ehmmm, uh, that we lak what we have at linebacker, relatively speaking. We have Jaylun, of course, uh, Sean, we got Hutchins is workin' his way back. We felt pretty good about that.~lipsmack~

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

He was a consideration, eh, ehmmm, but as I stand here right now, we decided, collectively, ehmmm, uh, that we lak what we have at linebacker, relatively speaking. We have Jaylun, of course, uh, Sean, we got Hutchins is workin' his way back. We felt pretty good about that.~lipsmack~
DFDC

DLK150

DCC 4Life

Dallas won't do it because it's a move that, you know, would make sense.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself

Interested in exploring the IDEA of...

That is some serious mental gymnastics.

The front office is too occupied with the fact of signing another running back to add to the 568 running backs they have now. There is no need for defense silly people, they feel they are set.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Top Bottom