User Tag List

Page 39 of 44 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 ... LastLast
Results 381 to 390 of 438

Thread: Cowboys hot topic: It may be time for an “amicable divorce” from Dez Bryant

  1. #381
    Senior Member Simpleton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    6,079
    I still can't get over how dumb these guys must be to offer Watkins presumably 14-15 million, if not the full 16 that the Chiefs offered. Even with Dez in decline I'd rather have him over Watkins, and you're going to give Watkins a brand new 3/48 deal while Dez only has 2/32 left on his?

    What?

    And I'm not even going to get into how much of a better value Hurns is than Watkins, there is no way that Watkins is worth more than twice what Hurns is. Their statistical production is more or less the same over 4 years in the league, both have injury concerns, and that's with Watkins having a year in an explosive Rams offense while Hurns languished in Jacksonville all 4 years.

    I have no problem with the strategy of cutting Dez, adding a few mid-tier free agents and drafting a WR high, but going after Watkins that hard will always be ridiculous to me.

  2. #382
    Senior Member Cowboysrock55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    22,842
    Quote Originally Posted by Simpleton View Post
    I still can't get over how dumb these guys must be to offer Watkins presumably 14-15 million, if not the full 16 that the Chiefs offered. Even with Dez in decline I'd rather have him over Watkins, and you're going to give Watkins a brand new 3/48 deal while Dez only has 2/32 left on his?

    What?

    And I'm not even going to get into how much of a better value Hurns is than Watkins, there is no way that Watkins is worth more than twice what Hurns is. Their statistical production is more or less the same over 4 years in the league, both have injury concerns, and that's with Watkins having a year in an explosive Rams offense while Hurns languished in Jacksonville all 4 years.

    I have no problem with the strategy of cutting Dez, adding a few mid-tier free agents and drafting a WR high, but going after Watkins that hard will always be ridiculous to me.
    I like Watkins better than Dez at this point in their careers. Just a more explosive player.

    But with that being said I agree with your conclusion. You don't make up for over paying Dez by over paying Watkins. If you pay 16 mil you better be getting a Julio Jones or Antonio Brown type talent. At least Beckham assuming he stays above the too crazy line. So making another mistake to cover up for a different mistake is foolish. Just draft a WR and be done with it. Doesn't have to be a first rounder. But start drafting some before the seventh round.

  3. #383
    Senior Member fortsbest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    2,868
    Quote Originally Posted by Simpleton View Post
    Yea, I have no issue with taking DJ Moore at 19, with Anthony Miller, Chark, Washington, or Sutton at 50, or someone like DaeSean Hamilton, Pettis or Gallup in the 3rd. I'm not love with Ridley at 19 really but I'd be ok with that too.

    I'd be fine with any of those picks, and then dropping Dez, but it is idiotic for them to box themselves into a corner and then force a pick, even if it is a pretty deep crop on Day 2. And they damn well better not even think about trading up for Ridley in the 1st.
    When has this group ever given you hope for not being idiotic?

  4. #384
    Senior Member ravidubey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Northern VA
    Posts
    9,252
    I don’t want these 1st round WRs. Better to wait a round or two or even grab one next year. This year’s crop is artificially high.

  5. #385
    One-armed Knife Sharpener Iamtdg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    58,283
    If they do cut Dez today, Twitter is going to be unbearable for the rest of the day with all the crying.
    2016 DCC LOTY Fantasy Football Champion

  6. #386
    Senior Member ravidubey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Northern VA
    Posts
    9,252
    Quote Originally Posted by Iamtdg View Post
    If they do cut Dez today, Twitter is going to be unbearable for the rest of the day with all the crying.
    WGAS

  7. #387
    Senior Member Couchcoach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    236
    Quote Originally Posted by ravidubey View Post
    I don’t want these 1st round WRs. Better to wait a round or two or even grab one next year. This year’s crop is artificially high.
    Exactly! These guys aren't worth #19 at all IMO. And what really concerns me is if we cut Dez we will take Moore or Ridley. And that means no Hernandez or Vea (if he were to fall to us). A very foolish move as I see it.

  8. #388
    Senior Member Cowboysrock55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    22,842
    Quote Originally Posted by Couchcoach View Post
    Exactly! These guys aren't worth #19 at all IMO. And what really concerns me is if we cut Dez we will take Moore or Ridley. And that means no Hernandez or Vea (if he were to fall to us). A very foolish move as I see it.
    Ridley is a better prospect than Vea. Yeah I said it.

  9. #389
    Senior Member jsmith6919's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    7,985
    2018 DCC Super Bowl Bingo Champion

  10. #390
    Administrator boozeman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    47,044
    Just dumb. Welcome to telegraphing our first round pick.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •