User Tag List

Page 16 of 30 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 NFL Free Agency Thread

Solder is a good but not great player and now he's the highest paid OL in the league. He's clearly an upgrade but in a vacuum Norwell is a better player.

They also lost Richburg and are seemingly going to lose Pugh as well, if that is indeed the case then they're only treading water at best with the addition of Solder and losing the other two. If they can bring back Pugh then I'd say the OL is slightly upgraded overall, pending the draft.

So isn't Solder now making twice what Tyron is? I always thought Smith would regret signing that lowball contract.
    2014=2009, 2015=2010?

The Garrett Song

Quote Originally Posted by Chocolate Lab View Post
    So isn't Solder now making twice what Tyron is? I always thought Smith would regret signing that lowball contract.
    And I feel good about it. Dude is struggling to stay healthy now.

For players it's always about getting money in their pocket now over money in the future. So if you can get guys like that locked up long term early it really benefits the team in the long run. Prices go up every year. It's why the best players at every position in the NFL aren't making the most money at their positions. Instead it's guys like Kirk Cousin's who were able to hit free agency in their prime.

And Solder is ok but I think Tom Brady makes his O-line look much better than they are by getting the ball out quickly and adjusting at the line of scrimmage to gash the defense for whatever weakness they have shown.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboysrock55 View Post
    For players it's always about getting money in their pocket now over money in the future. So if you can get guys like that locked up long term early it really benefits the team in the long run
    Oh, I know it's good for the team. But I bet he regrets it.
    2014=2009, 2015=2010?

The Garrett Song

Oh, I know it's good for the team. But I bet he regrets it.
    I'm sure but he also probably was thrilled when he signed the deal and had a fortune in his pocket.

Tyron Smith's contract is like $100 million, and he's going to see most of those years I'm sure.

He'll do very well.

Quote Originally Posted by mschmidt64 View Post
    Tyron Smith's contract is like $100 million, and he's going to see most of those years I'm sure.

He'll do very well.
    Yeah I mean the guy costs 17 mil against our cap this season. He isn't exactly hurting.