2016 Random NFL Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I noticed that as well. I’m like, he’s talking all that trash but his team took the L.
Just rubs me like he doesn't give a shit about the success or failure of the team. He only cares about what people think about his play during the game.

I'm certainly not regretting passing on him at 4. Not sure Zeke was really the right pick at 4 but right now the first round defenders aren't really doing anything to make me feel bad about it either.

22cowboysfan22

Brand New Member
As an aside...I saw a lot to like about the Jags in week 1, but they still suck. Bradley will be gone soon.
Yup, wouldn't be surprised if Bradley gets the axe if they lose in London to the Colts this week.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

GShock

DCC 4Life
This won't post, but I am sure someone more tech savvy can make it work.

[video]hhttps://www.facebook.com/3052da4e-c933-46e4-b4ea-5c669bf6f902[/video]

Last edited by a moderator:

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
This won't post, but I am sure someone more tech savvy can make it work.

[video]hhttps://www.facebook.com/3052da4e-c933-46e4-b4ea-5c669bf6f902[/video]
I tried, but I couldn't get it to post, either. But, that is very funny. :lol

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Could be a career ended.

Would be such a shame if the Texans lost their star player for good. :art

Cotton

Staff member

Look at all those passes behind the LOS. Interesting.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself

Look at all those passes behind the LOS. Interesting.
I heard a statement somewhere that something like 70% of his passes traveled 5 yards or less. I wonder how that compares to Dak and to the rest of the league. It seems like a very high percentage.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I heard a statement somewhere that something like 70% of his passes traveled 5 yards or less. I wonder how that compares to Dak and to the rest of the league. It seems like a very high percentage.
I would really like to see the same graph with Dak. Think it would be interesting to see.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
I don't really recall very many passes behind the LOS for Dak. Beasley is usually 7-10 yards down the field and that's all you need to win games.

Cotton

Staff member
I would really like to see the same graph with Dak. Think it would be interesting to see.
The guy that tweeted this out said he would do one for Dak tomorrow.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don't really recall very many passes behind the LOS for Dak. Beasley is usually 7-10 yards down the field and that's all you need to win games.
Yeah Dak has thrown very few behind the line of scrimmage. Maybe a screen pass or two but we haven't done much of it. But he probably also hasn't completed a ton of balls over 10 yards. That's what I'm most curious to see. Most of his completions seem to be in that 5-10 yard range where Beasley is unstoppable.

Cotton

Staff member
Yeah Dak has thrown very few behind the line of scrimmage. Maybe a screen pass or two but we haven't done much of it. But he probably also hasn't completed a ton of balls over 10 yards. That's what I'm most curious to see. Most of his completions seem to be in that 5-10 yard range where Beasley is unstoppable.
He hasn't thrown many screens, but I remember this one particular one to Witten...

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2016/09/nfl-quarterback-rankings-week-3-carson-wentz-dak-prescott-matt-ryan-falcons-cowboys-eagles

13. Dak Prescott, Cowboys

14. Carson Wentz, Eagles

Wentz and Prescott’s stats are nearly identical, so in order to accurately assess which rookie is playing better we have to look at the manner in which each guy is putting up their numbers. After reviewing and charting every completion Wentz and Prescott have thrown this season, I’m going with the Cowboys rookie.

I charted how many of their completions came on screens, how many came on the quarterback’s first read (there’s obviously some guesswork involved here), how many came on passes aimed less than five yards past the line of scrimmage and how many were thrown 15 yards past the line of scrimmage. I also tallied how many completions were both shorter than five yards downfield and thrown to the first read, which can be found in the fourth row on the following chart:

Prescott has gotten less help from the design of his offense and hasn’t thrown as many stat-padding screens and short throws. And though the Cowboys offensive line is viewed as the best in the league, Wentz has actually gotten better protection from his line. He’s been pressured on only 8.1% of his dropbacks, per Football Outsiders’ charting data. Prescott has been pressured on 16% of his dropbacks.

Prescott is also far less reliant on yards after the catch.

Really, you can’t go wrong with either guy, but Prescott currently holds a slight advantage due to the higher degree of difficulty.

(dallen) edit - Adding pics cause I'm nice like that

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom