Week 5 Gameday Chatter | Bengals vs. Cowboys | 10/09/2016

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Isn't designing plays, forcing it to Dez? I don't agree that we do either. I don't think Romo forces it to Dez -- I can remember way too many times with Romo where I've said "Where has Dez been this half?"
I think Dez will bring more big plays to the offense. Right now our guys kind of catch the ball and go down. Dez has the ability to get a big gain out of a little play. I do miss that.

Joe Fan

Brand New Member
I think Dez will bring more big plays to the offense. Right now our guys kind of catch the ball and go down. Dez has the ability to get a big gain out of a little play. I do miss that.
Given Williams recent history I'm glad he's deciding to go down. The last time he tried to do otherwise he coughed it up.

data

Forbes #1
On a per-play basis, sure I miss the bombs, too.

But I think our TD-to-FG ratio, lack of 3-n-outs, opponents' starting field position has never been better.

Jiggyfly

Banned
:towel

BipolarFuk

Demoted
Kinda weird watching Zeke run.

For some reason he doesn't look fast, but he left the entire Bengals team in his wake.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Isn't designing plays, forcing it to Dez? I don't agree that we do either. I don't think Romo forces it to Dez -- I can remember way too many times with Romo where I've said "Where has Dez been this half?"
If you believe this, you have no clue what you're watching. Forcing to him is the QB doing that, not the play design.

data

Forbes #1
Hoculi's frazzled, making mistake after mistake. Just signaled first down in the wrong direction.

Joe Fan

Brand New Member
On a per-play basis, sure I miss the bombs, too.

But I think our TD-to-FG ratio, lack of 3-n-outs, opponents' starting field position has never been better.
Exactly. I'm fine with the lack of the bombs, albeit fun to watch, but the overall offense is running better and more efficient.

It's like an Aikman vs Favre ran offense.

I'll take Aikman ran offense 10 out of 10 times.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Tim McMahon just said that Jerry told him after the game that Romo is absolutely taking over when he's ready.

Sigh.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Great tackle by Clinton-Dix. Red that run perfectly.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
I'm betting Romo comes back for the Steelers.

We're cruising along at 7-1 and get blown the fuck out and then I have to deal with all the Steeler fans around here.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Tim McMahon just said that Jerry told him after the game that Romo is absolutely taking over when he's ready.

Sigh.
He also said Romo's back is fine, so I take what he says with a grain of salt. This team hasn't been honest about anything this year.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
I guess we'll just conveniently ignore the fact that New England's best offense during this run was with Randy Moss.
Of course, for like ten minutes out of a run spanning 15 years and 6 Super Bowls. And it could be argued that over-reliance on that offense Cost them a perfect season. They passed as stubbornly in that game as Garrett did vs the Packers in 2013.

Of course you want Dez, but you don't want to build the whole offense around him and create a single point of failure.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Exactly. I'm fine with the lack of the bombs, albeit fun to watch, but the overall offense is running better and more efficient.

It's like an Aikman vs Favre ran offense.

I'll take Aikman ran offense 10 out of 10 times.
Along those same lines, I saw a random fan responding to a Tweet from a DMN beat writer last week. Basically the idiot was saying Romo needs to start because "Dak only has 1 TD....1"

:lol

Who cares how many TDs he's thrown for....it's the total TD drives that he's leading that counts.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
To me forcing it is to see Dez double covered and continually try to fit the ball into him anyway.

Designing plays for Dez to me says you move him around and set up WR screens to try and prevent the double coverage in the first place. I still design plays for Dez because he is the best WR on our roster with the ball in his hands. But I also think if he is double covered there is nothing wrong with going to Beasley lined up on a LBer or something.

Top Bottom