Week 5 Gameday Chatter | Bengals vs. Cowboys | 10/09/2016

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I don't think so but something could be said for the fact that we don't have to force the ball to anyone.
Which is another point towards keeping Dez in. Romo always seems to want to try to force it to Dez. Dak throws it to the open receiver, regardless of who it is.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
They just said on SNF that they asked Coach Jerry tonight and he said Romo will start when ready.

Cotton

Staff member
I used my DCC koozie today during the game.

You're welcome.

~Furley sniff~
Then you will use it every game the rest of the year.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Which is another point towards keeping Dez in. Romo always seems to want to try to force it to Dez. Dak throws it to the open receiver, regardless of who it is.
I actually think we don't get the ball to Dez enough -- either when Tony or Dak is playing.

data

Forbes #1
Showed a great play breakdown on SNF. We're already used to the naked bootleg to the TE (usually Swaim). On Zeke's almost-nipple-piercing run, LDE and LOLB take off to guard the TE, leaving that humongous lane.

SNF subtly threw in there that this isn't possible with Romo, as a non-bootleg QB, in there.

Cotton

Staff member
I actually think we don't get the ball to Dez enough -- either when Tony or Dak is playing.
I meant keeping Dak in, but yeah, we need to design more plays to get it to Dez. Just not so it is a forced thing, which is what Romo seems to do.

data

Forbes #1
I meant keeping Dak in, but yeah, we need to design more plays to get it to Dez. Just not so it is a forced thing, which is what Romo seems to do.
I wonder how many contested incompletions Romo throws to Dez vs Dak taking the more conservative 7-10 yards with Brice, Terrence, Beasely.

I don't think we've completed a pass more than 25+ yards in the air, but our efficiency is through the roof.

Cotton

Staff member
I wonder how many contested incompletions Romo throws to Dez vs Dak taking the more conservative 7-10 yards with Brice, Terrence, Beasely.
Exactly my point.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
You can make that case.
Pats have been onto this for years. Several WRs who play hard and know what they are doing are always better than one stud who dominates.

For one, your offense doesn't get crippled with him out of the lineup or if he's double-teamed like AJ Green was today.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Aaron Rodgers doesn't look nearly as poised as Dak back there.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Pats have been onto this for years. Several WRs who play hard and know what they are doing are always better than one stud who dominates.

For one, your offense doesn't get crippled with him out of the lineup or if he's double-teamed like AJ Green was today.
I guess we'll just conveniently ignore the fact that New England's best offense during this run was with Randy Moss.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Hey, [MENTION=28]Rev[/MENTION] I thought the only way that Zeke was going to break one was when Romo got back?
It was a post in jest but common sense says that if the defense has to play the whole field it would be easier to do then when they play up.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Isn't designing plays, forcing it to Dez? I don't agree that we do either. I don't think Romo forces it to Dez -- I can remember way too many times with Romo where I've said "Where has Dez been this half?"

Top Bottom