Stephen Paea retiring?

Last edited by a moderator:

Smitty

DCC 4Life
That's what happens when you go nickel shopping for retreads.

Listen, I remember all about the "Patriot way" of the early 2000s where they signed cheaper guys for pennies on the dollar and got good contributions out of all of them, versus other teams that made big splashes in free agency and just got pennies on the dollar on the field.

But you have to be pretty shrewd with those moves and really find guys who have something in the tank for specific roles. We are hit or miss with that. Had a couple nice finds with guys like Laurent Robinson, and plenty of misses.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Sweet offseason. Good job, good effort on cutting Cedric Thornton too for no good reason.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
:lol

What a joke of an organization we are.

Two of our "top signings" on defense are both leaving the team for different reasons on the same day just 5 and half weeks into the season.

I sure hope the owner makes his GM pay for this.

Wait......

lostxn

DCC 4Life
uhh....we don't have enough DTs...

If you thought the bye week would be boring, think again. A Cowboys player retires mid-season.

There’s a lot of talk happening about the Dallas Cowboys, and a lot of it isn’t even about football. While they are the Dallas Cowboys, this is a bit much even for them considering it’s their bye week. All of that is hitting a new level as one of their defensive tackles, Stephen Paea, is officially retiring per a source.

Stephen Paea signed with the Cowboys this past offseason on a one-year deal. It’s become a bit of a thing for Rod Marinelli to bring in a defensive lineman he knows well, and Paea filled that role this season.

Paea has dealt with knee issues for some time, to the point he’s gotten a few practices off lately with the Cowboys. He was inactive for the first time this past Sunday during the team’s game against the Green Bay Packers, and it appears he’s done for good now.

Paea’s retirement comes on the same day that word surfaced about the Cowboys releasing Nolan Carroll. They were two of the team’s bigger free agency signings this past offseason (the Cowboys didn’t make any huge signings) and they are both now gone permanently. They both began the season as starters.

With no Paea on the team the Dallas Cowboys only defensive tackles are now second-year star Maliek Collins and Brian Price who the team claimed off waivers in the final hours of their initial 53-man roster construction. David Irving spent a lot of time in that position against the Packers, it may have to be more of a permanent thing for him now.

Last edited:

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Timmy Jernigan is a free agent after this season, he'd be a nice mid-tier type signing.

midswat

... soon
Disappointed because he was actually playing well.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Where is the Golden Cock?

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Honestly I'm finding it really hard to care.
Welcome to my world a couple of weeks ago. Its just the usual year after a good one routine for this club.

data

Forbes #1
"Maybe we can sign OT Mike Williams and convert him to DT?"

-circa 2007

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
Michael Brockers should have been there all along
Yet another brilliant move. Trading up for Mo passing on Brockers and Bobby Wagner who were said would've been the picks with the selections we gave up. Combine that with Bruce Carter, Randy Gregory, and now even Jaylon Smith all 2nd round whiffs and it's no wonder this defense sucks.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Yet another brilliant move. Trading up for Mo passing on Brockers and Bobby Wagner who were said would've been the picks with the selections we gave up. Combine that with Bruce Carter, Randy Gregory, and now even Jaylon Smith all 2nd round whiffs and it's no wonder this defense sucks.
‘Tis true. Plus other factors.

D

Deuce

MO ZONE!!1! is having a really nice season so far for the Jets.

Top Bottom