User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 28 of 28

Thread: Jerry Jones not ready to address Dez Bryant’s future

  1. #21
    Senior Member p1_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    3,406
    Quote Originally Posted by midswat View Post
    Random question I just now thought of while sitting on the toilet:

    If you could go back in time to 2010 and could control it, you still taking Dez in the draft?
    Who was on the board at the spot where he was chosen? Im sure we could find a suitable redo.
    Free at last, free at last. Now lets get back to the future, Marty.

  2. #22
    No longer a fan midswat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    2,994
    Also... I remember when Denver to Demarius Thomas over Dez. I thought they made a huge mistake.

    Similarly, in 2002 I trolled the Pittsburgh Steelers ESPN boards for taking Randel El and letting Antonio Bryant fall to us.



  3. #23
    Senior Member Rev's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    8,455
    Quote Originally Posted by p1_ View Post
    Who was on the board at the spot where he was chosen? Im sure we could find a suitable redo.
    Not much. Have to go to first half of second round and then you get Gronkowski. We wouldnt take him because of Witten, though.
    #Fire Garrett

  4. #24
    Senior Member BipolarFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Up my ass
    Posts
    8,961
    Devin McCourty would have been a solid pick.

  5. #25
    Senior Member L.T. Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    15,928
    Quote Originally Posted by midswat View Post
    Random question I just now thought of while sitting on the toilet:

    If you could go back in time to 2010 and could control it, you still taking Dez in the draft?
    It was a good decision at the time. The only guestionable thing about him was his physic stemming from his mother. It was probably embedded in Dez more than anyone knew.
    Since Day One

  6. #26
    Senior Member DLK150's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,309
    Quote Originally Posted by midswat View Post
    Random question I just now thought of while sitting on the toilet:

    If you could go back in time to 2010 and could control it, you still taking Dez in the draft?
    It wasn't a bad pick at that spot at the time considering he had some personal issues swirling around him. I may be wrong but I seem to remember some pundits considering him a top 15, top 10 pick without the baggage. It just seems as though he can't get through one season without some type of controversy.

  7. #27
    Super Duper Moderator mcnuttz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    6,628
    Can't believe I'm saying this, but the personnel department has been crippled by their coaching staff the last 6 years.

    Sure it hasn't been perfect, but they have made some really nice picks the last few years. Started making more team-friendly deals as well.

    If they had a head coach that could do something with the talent, no telling what could have been.

  8. #28
    Senior Member ravidubey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Northern VA
    Posts
    9,252
    Quote Originally Posted by mcnuttz View Post
    Can't believe I'm saying this, but the personnel department has been crippled by their coaching staff the last 6 years.

    Sure it hasn't been perfect, but they have made some really nice picks the last few years. Started making more team-friendly deals as well.

    If they had a head coach that could do something with the talent, no telling what could have been.
    The offensive team we fielded in 2016 was outrageously talented. Leave it to Garrett and Co. to underachieve.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •