User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Jerry Jones not ready to address Dez Bryant’s future

It was a poor throw by Prescott but it's also a catch an NFL receiver makes, it's not like Dez was running full speed or even really moving, he had come to almost a complete stop and was basically just floating there in the middle of the field.

Dak and Dez both deserve blame but a supposed All-Pro WR making 15 a year makes that catch. Dez made a half-hearted attempt at the ball and seemed pretty lazy in going after it, he basically just threw his hands behind himself and hoped it would stick instead of shifting his weight slightly back in that direction to secure the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Simpleton View Post
    It was a poor throw by Prescott but it's also a catch an NFL receiver makes, it's not like Dez was running full speed or even really moving, he had come to almost a complete stop and was basically just floating there in the middle of the field.

Dak and Dez both deserve blame but a supposed All-Pro WR making 15 a year makes that catch. Dez made a half-hearted attempt at the ball and seemed pretty lazy in going after it, he basically just threw his hands behind himself and hoped it would stick instead of shifting his weight slightly back in that direction to secure the ball.
    I think we run the ball a lot more under Linehan than we did with Garrett before that. But yeah, Garrett definitely has a heavy hand in this offense. My hope is that the next guy is more strong willed and sort of steam rolls Garrett. Let's face it, Garrett is kind of a spineless fish that a strong personality would have no problem pushing around. Ala Jerry Jones.

The Cowboys organization really reminds me of the one I work for. No one wants to step on anyone's toes and you certainly don't question anything the higher ups say, or else you could either get the axe or just hinder any progress.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboysrock55 View Post
    Yeah, I think it's more likely that Dez convinces Jerry to fire Linehan.
    Bryant’s problems cant be laid at anyone’s feet except his own. I would hate to think that even Jones couldn’t see that. If any blame is directed at the Coaching staff then Garrett is the man to point the finger at. Garrett should have had a come to Jesus meeting with him long ago.
    Since Day One

Quote Originally Posted by L.T. Fan View Post
    Bryant’s problems cant be laid at anyone’s feet except his own. I would hate to think that even Jones couldn’t see that. If any blame is directed at the Coaching staff then Garrett is the man to point the finger at. Garrett should have had a come to Jesus meeting with him long ago.
    Sometimes someone is who they are. Bryant has always been a freelancer and always will be. Not a disciplined human being, not a disciplined player. I was hoping he would grow as a player with time as he has grown as a human being. But he hasn't. Bye Felicia.

6. The following user likes this post:

Dez Bryant claims he’s dealing with previously-undisclosed injury

Dez Bryant claims he’s dealing with previously-undisclosed injury
    Posted by Mike Florio on December 27, 2017, 7:53 PM EST

Getty Images
    Another year, another player injury that previously had been hidden comes to light. And the league likely will do nothing about it.

Via David Moore of the Dallas Morning News, Cowboys receiver Dez Bryant disclosed to reporters on Wednesday that he’s been dealing with an injury for weeks. Bryant said he was “surprised” no one knew about the injury, which has lingered since early November.

Here’s why no one knew about the injury: The injury has never appeared on the injury report.

The injury also didn’t appear on Wednesday’s injury report. Although Bryant has practiced and played every game, players who fully participate in practice despite an injury routinely are listed as having an injury.

The next question is what will the league do about it? Based upon what the league did (more accurately, didn’t do) to the Seahawks last year for hiding a knee injury to Richard Sherman and to the Steelers last year for hiding a hernia suffered in the wild-card round by Le'Veon Bell, don’t expect anything to happen.

Why does the league do nothing when a team violates the injury-reporting rules? Possibly because the league knows that they’d be sliding down a rabbit hole from which they’d never emerge, if they begin aggressively investigating and enforcing actual or suspended violations of the injury policy.

What a little cunt. Get him off this team.

Quote Originally Posted by boozeman View Post
    Just concrete evidence that he regressed badly this season.

Of course Jerry doesn't want to discuss it now. He will wait like he always does and it be well past when he should have.
    #Fire Garrett

Random question I just now thought of while sitting on the toilet:

If you could go back in time to 2010 and could control it, you still taking Dez in the draft?