Cowboys To Release CB Nolan Carroll

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Never should have signed him.
Nope. But, this is a good sign for our young DBs. They must be coming along nicely. If they could just stop being hurt and stuff, that would be great.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nope. But, this is a good sign for our young DBs. They must be coming along nicely. If they could just stop being hurt and stuff, that would be great.
Lewis has come alive and has set himself in the top 3 as probably our best performing corner at this point. And if Awuzie could just stay healthy I'm sure he would be solid as well.

What I also noticed was that Woods is getting a lot more playing time. And I didn't see him doing much wrong against the Packers. The safety that I saw getting picked on and beat was Jeff Heath who just has no range or instincts.

Cotton

Staff member
Lewis has come alive and has set himself in the top 3 as probably our best performing corner at this point. And if Awuzie could just stay healthy I'm sure he would be solid as well.

What I also noticed was that Woods is getting a lot more playing time. And I didn't see him doing much wrong against the Packers. The safety that I saw getting picked on and beat was Jeff Heath who just has no range or instincts.
Yeah, I saw somewhere that Heath had the lowest amount of plays of the season this last week. Good sign.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester

With two weeks between our next game there is no reason not to insert Woods into the starting lineup over Heath and use this time to get him as acclimated as possible.

But when this team likes a guy and really thinks he adds value it is extremely hard to get them to drop that idea.

Just look at how long we insisted with Dunbar.

GForce78NJ

Not So New Member
hysterical. sign a CB in the offseason as our "big Free Agent signing" which whom we used to scheme against every time we played him. Good job management.

p1_

DCC 4Life
talk about failed bit. This was beyond worthless.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
hysterical. sign a CB in the offseason as our "big Free Agent signing" which whom we used to scheme against every time we played him. Good job management.
I think some people are confusing Bradley Fletcher with Nolan Carroll, but yeah, Carroll is still not very good.

Hey, kudos to management for dumping him instead of doing the lazy thing and keep parading him out there because of his contract.

Here's a thought, btw.... signing low end Eagles defenders doesn't seem to be working for us. Maybe should avoid it for a bit.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think some people are confusing Bradley Fletcher with Nolan Carroll, but yeah, Carroll is still not very good.

Hey, kudos to management for dumping him instead of doing the lazy thing and keep parading him out there because of his contract.

Here's a thought, btw.... signing low end Eagles defenders doesn't seem to be working for us. Maybe should avoid it for a bit.
I agree and frankly there are good bargain corners in free agency. We just pick them terribly.

Cotton

Staff member
Holy massive ass picture, boozeman.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are

Lewis may well be a good back but Green Bay rendered him as ineffective with their mismatch alignment on him. He looked bad in several GB scoring drives. He hasn’t figured out how to deal with a tall receiver. His positioning is too much out in front of the receiver and he has no chance to battle for the ball. Maybe the GB game was a fluke for him.

lostxn

DCC 4Life
I don't really agree with releasing him as we have a numbers issue at corner. Unless we are going to pick up a free agent or something, we're short. Maybe we plan to trade for Sherman? That would be great if we don't give away too much. Maybe a 3rd and a RB? LOL, I don't know. With that contract I can't see giving up a haul of picks.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don't really agree with releasing him as we have a numbers issue at corner. Unless we are going to pick up a free agent or something, we're short. Maybe we plan to trade for Sherman? That would be great if we don't give away too much. Maybe a 3rd and a RB? LOL, I don't know. With that contract I can't see giving up a haul of picks.
We still have what 5 corners on the roster?

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I guess the issue I have is that now we will have Benwickere active and have to pay his draft pick compensation.

Maybe there is a waiver claim we can find instead.

lostxn

DCC 4Life
We still have what 5 corners on the roster?
yeah

33 Chidobe Awuzie CB 22 6-0 202 R Colorado
23 Bene Benwikere CB 26 6-0 195 4 San José State
30 Anthony Brown CB 23 5-11 196 2 Purdue
27 Jourdan Lewis CB 22 5-10 195 R Michigan
32 Orlando Scandrick CB 30 5-10 196 10 Boise State

Top Bottom