User Tag List

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: Jason Garrett has to go!

You wanted to know how this all could work? Thatís it. Keep Bill away from fing NY.

If you try to sign Belichick as HC, the Pats can demand compensation or deny access altogether.

Instead sign him as GM, with the understanding that the Joneses can ultimately override any decision and that Billís main duties are making sure the team is run well. Basically a role beyond what they wanted Reeves for but still within the parameters of the Joneses being in charge.

Bill can fire Jason if he wants to and put in his own people. Maybe he can make Garrett into a real coach.

Quote Originally Posted by ravidubey View Post
    You wanted to know how this all could work? That’s it. Keep Bill away from fing NY.

If you try to sign Belichick as HC, the Pats can demand compensation or deny access altogether.

Instead sign him as GM, with the understanding that the Joneses can ultimately override any decision and that Bill’s main duties are making sure the team is run well. Basically a role beyond what they wanted Reeves for but still within the parameters of the Joneses being in charge.

Bill can fire Jason if he wants to and put in his own people. Maybe he can make Garrett into a real coach.
    You worry me, Ravi. You worry me a lot.

3. The following user likes this post:

Quote Originally Posted by boozeman View Post
    Yeah. I see no way for a Belichick installation in the Cowboys organization. He would be at best three layers down on the organization chart even if he was the HC. There are no slots that would lure him to the structure of the Dallas Cowboys.
    Since Day One

Quote Originally Posted by boozeman View Post

Maybe he can make Garrett into a real coach.
    2014=2009, 2015=2010?

The Garrett Song

To anyone that thinks Belichick is a possibility in Dallas in any way, shape or form, please pass me whatever you're smoking because it must be some really good shit and I wouldn't mind a hit about now.

8. The following 2 users like this post:

He returns credibility to Dallas, and if he can win here of all places (where Parcells could not) and without Brady it proves once and for all heís the GOAT hands down no questions asked.

Belichick clearly gains, and theyíd treat him like a god in Dallas.

Joneses gain credibility and a chance to win before they die. Moreover itís a model for Stephen of how to really run a franchise. Like when he needed BP to get his stadium, he needs Belichick now.

Finally there is Garrett. Laugh all you want, but his production and attitude have been warped by having to play up to the Joneses 24/7. Belichick shows Garrett how itís done. Or he fires him and runs the show himself.

At 65 Bill ainít that young, this is his last job, and it would be the most visible in football.

All said, I know itís a pipe dream. But that would be the way.

All said, I know it’s a pipe dream. But that would be the way.
    Jerry's ego crushes that pipe before it even gets started.

I understand your thinking and would love for it to happen. I'm just defeated and tired of living on hope.
    #Fire Garrett