Cowboys Sign DE Ryan Davis

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Underwhelming, and typical Jerruh "OMG why aren't we generating any pressure on the QB" overreaction/realization.

So they run out and start trying to sign miracle players...Ya know, instead of addressing when real GM's do in the offseason.
Or we were just waiting so we didn't have to guarantee his salary and knew this move was coming the entire time.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member

DLK150

DCC 4Life
Charles Haley v.2. :towel

Not.

/Roster churning, FWIW.

Which ain't worth much in recent years.

UncleMilti

Staff member
Charles Haley v.2. :towel

Not.

/Roster churning, FWIW.

Which ain't worth much in recent years.
V2 only if he shakes his dong at a female reporter in the locker room.

:lol

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Ugh yeah, it's actually fairly normal with the vested veteran rule to wait until after week one to sign a veteran. Also makes a little more sense why we were reworking contracts to free up a little extra room before the first week of the season.

UncleMilti

Staff member
Or we were just waiting so we didn't have to guarantee his salary and knew this move was coming the entire time.
I'm not saying your point isn't valid. It absolutely makes sense...if this were the Patriots, Packers or Seahawks.

If this organization had a shrewd front office, then I'd be right there with ya.

But Jerry Jones is somehow worried about saving a few bucks on an 11 sack in 3 seasons DE when he keeps turds like Heath, Wilcox, and Dunbar on the roster year after year?

Jerrys comments after the Giants game said it all...this is nothing but a panic signing.

dallen

Senior Tech
Yeah that whole injury still confuses the hell out of me. So is the back still broken? Is it going to heal? I doubt it speaks much to Tapper and probably more to just how thin we left ourselves on the D-line in week one.
Yeah I am confused to. It is supposedly a very old injury that they just found, but they are not doing anything corrective to fix it as far as I know. So after 5 years or whatever letting him rest for a few weeks is supposed to heal it? Makes no sense

dallen

Senior Tech
I'm not saying your point isn't valid. It absolutely makes sense...if this were the Patriots, Packers or Seahawks.

If this organization had a shrewd front office, then I'd be right there with ya.

But Jerry Jones is somehow worried about saving a few bucks on an 11 sack in 3 seasons DE when he keeps turds like Heath, Wilcox, and Dunbar on the roster year after year?

Jerrys comments after the Giants game said it all...this is nothing but a panic signing.
We're garbage at scouting our own team, but we've made several FA vet signings like this over the past few years that have panned out.

I imagine this is the kind of thing where Jerry just says "Go get me a pass rusher" and someone who actually knows something about football is allowed to make a decision since Jerry knows nothing about average vets. Nobody wins a GM of the Year award for signing a backup DE so he doesn't care about it. But if you start cutting his draft picks or his rookie FA "finds", well that makes the Jer look like a fool and he can't have that.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Yeah I am confused to. It is supposedly a very old injury that they just found, but they are not doing anything corrective to fix it as far as I know. So after 5 years or whatever letting him rest for a few weeks is supposed to heal it? Makes no sense
Yeah the whole thing is strange, I don't think this story ends well.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
My guess is, we ain't gettin' all the story.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Not sure why that is surprising. We are basically trying to save a few bucks on Rolando McClain as well by not cutting him already. Maybe Jerry is finally taking this whole "salary cap" thing seriously.

UncleMilti

Staff member
Not sure why that is surprising. We are basically trying to save a few bucks on Rolando McClain as well by not cutting him already. Maybe Jerry is finally taking this whole "salary cap" thing seriously.
Its the Crazy Eyes of McClain...it goes with Jerrys PT Barnum freakshow.

:lol

Top Bottom