MLB Chatter Thread

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
[MENTION=85]Kbrown[/MENTION]

Is Kuechel sick? Confused as to why they skipped him this series.

Rev

Staff member
They are playing We Will Rock You at the Rangers/Astros game.

I feel that is fitting.

Rev

Staff member
12- 2. Rangers winning and they are playing Loser by Beck.

Kbrown

Not So New Member
Hats off to Texas, no sarcasm. Sometimes a team just has another team's number.

It's not me being sour grapes when I say the talent level is comparable, but I just think they've gotten into the Astros' heads the way Hostile is in Richie Whitt's. It'll take a little personnel turnover to break that funk IMO.

Rev

Staff member
Hats off to Texas, no sarcasm. Sometimes a team just has another team's number.

It's not me being sour grapes when I say the talent level is comparable, but I just think they've gotten into the Astros' heads the way Hostile is in Richie Whitt's. It'll take a little personnel turnover to break that funk IMO.
I believe you. Its a mental thing because your team is definitely talented. I have no clue how they change it but surely it will change next year.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
[MENTION=38]E_D_Guapo[/MENTION], Byron Buxton was called up before the weekend. Today is his 3rd game back. 3 for 4 with a 2 run HR and a double in the first game. 3 for 5 with a double and 3 run HR in the second. So far today, he's 1 for 2 with a grand slam.

:towel

Edit: 2 for 3 today. Add another double.

Edit #2: 3 for 4. Only a single. He must be cooling off. Damn it.

Last edited:

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Brian Dozier of the Twins hit 3 HRs today, giving him 38 on the season. He trails only Mark Trumbo of Baltimore.

Dozier has 31 homers over his last 70 games dating back to June 19, which is the most in the Majors over that span. Trumbo is second with 21.

He's a 2nd baseman. Might be time to test him. :unsure

Rev

Staff member
Brian Dozier of the Twins hit 3 HRs today, giving him 38 on the season. He trails only Mark Trumbo of Baltimore.

Dozier has 31 homers over his last 70 games dating back to June 19, which is the most in the Majors over that span. Trumbo is second with 21.

Dang. Thats nice. Odor is hot right now but dont think he will get much more than 30.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Things were looking bad for the Mets, but I am really happy with this push they are making for a WC spot. Matz and deGrom go down...no problem, Seth Lugo, Robert Gsellman, Rafael Montero step up...and Colon picks up his 13th win yesterday.

I hate the way Collins manages young players...particularly Flores and Conforto, but I have to give him credit for keeping this team together and making a pretty improbable run for the playoffs. I hope we keep this up because this momentum can really get you off on the right foot should we make the playoffs.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Rev

Staff member
I think yesterdays homer was his 7th since Beltre gave him the stare down and slap upside the head a bit ago.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member

I am in two FBB leagues and in one of them Dozier is my 2B so I am very much in the loop with what he has been doing, which is going the F off. He is absolutely killing it. His AVG is up over .270 too and that is well above what he normally does. Hell of a season. I have Sano in that league too and he has been a bit of a disappointment but is at least providing a fair amount of power.

I did pick up Buxton for the stretch run in my main league. With his recent hot streak and his overall prospect pedigree I figured it was worth a shot, especially since with a little boost in SBs I can pick up a couple more points.

Go Twins!

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I think yesterdays homer was his 7th since Beltre gave him the stare down and slap upside the head a bit ago.
Yeah, he is on fire right now.

Top Bottom