Domestic Abuse allegations against Zeke?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Ezekiel Elliott won’t face any further legal action over a domestic violence accusation, but the contents of some text messages may well open him up to some questions from the NFL itself.
The Fort Worth Star-Telegram obtained court documents including text messages between Elliott and his ex-girlfriend Tiffany Thompson in which the pair appear to have some worry over Elliott passing an upcoming drug test.

“I know you’re stressed out, if you need me call me,” Thompson messaged Elliott in one exchange, via Drew Davison of the Star-Telegram. “Just do everything you can to pass your drug test tomorrow. You’ll be okay. I’m here for you.”

“I’m gonna pass,” Elliott responded. “About to live in this sauna the next 24 hours.”

Frank C. Salzano, Elliott’s attorney, called the messages “a non-story.”

Still, though, a failed drug test is not required for the NFL to put a player into the intervention stage of the league’s substance abuse program. The NFL and NFLPA jointly agree to appointed medical advisers who would make such a decision, and they can be placed there simply because of “behavior.”

To potentially make matters worse for Elliott, he recently visited a weed shop in Seattle, which he admitted was a bad idea after Jerry Jones had these harsh words for him. After that episode, the NFL was said to be a bit concerned about his conduct. These text messages won’t do anything to alleviate those concerns.

Man, this guy is in the media's cross hairs.
And goes to a pot store. Just stupid.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
a suspension is definitely in his future. we just have a knack for drafting undercover druggies.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
a suspension is definitely in his future. we just have a knack for drafting undercover druggies.
Not for the Seattle incident or those texts, but yeah, I could see him being suspended somewhere down the road.

I think at the very worst those incidents will land him in the NFL's drug program where he's subjected to increased random testing.

And based on what I've read and observed over the last couple of months, I doubt he's smart enough to outwit the league's testing program.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Those texts are nothing and it's stupid that anyone might try to make something of it.

He literally said he was going to pass it. Nothing to see here.

Even if you were inclined to think the girl implied that he might be worried about it and that might mean something, this is the same girl who just got caught faking domestic violence charges against him so who's to say this wouldn't be her trying to fish to dig stuff up to use against him.

townsend

Banned
Those texts are nothing and it's stupid that anyone might try to make something of it.

Even if you were inclined to think the girl implied that he might be worried about it and that might mean something, this is the same girl who just got caught faking domestic violence charges against him so who's to say this wouldn't be her trying to fish to dig stuff up to use against him.
That's what I was wondering too. Seems like everything she brought should be suspect. Seems like she could have manipulated, selectively deleted, or otherwise doctored her text history to read that way.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Not for the Seattle incident or those texts, but yeah, I could see him being suspended somewhere down the road.

I think at the very worst those incidents will land him in the NFL's drug program where he's subjected to increased random testing.

And based on what I've read and observed over the last couple of months, I doubt he's smart enough to outwit the league's testing program.
There is no way those things get him extra testing the NFLPA would not allow it and it is not a part of the rules.

You have to actually show symptons of using or be caught with or seen using to start the drug program and even then you can be out in 90 days.

Stage One is simple, the medical director evaluates a player and then comes up with a treatment plan for him at a facility or through a clinician. The player is subject to substance abuse testing, but it is not yet at surprise at this point. Stage One can last up to 90 days. Violations of Stage One only result in a penalty of a fine. If a player successfully completes Stage One, they are free, but they enter Stage Two if they fail.
Which actually makes it worse if you are suspended for marijuana use.

All you have to do is not smoke for 3 months after testing positive initially and you are out of the program.:picard

Jiggyfly

Banned
Here is the actual policy for going into the program without a positive test.

According to the league’s policy on substances of abuse, which was agreed upon with the NFLPA, players are subject to enter the program based on “behavior.”
The policy states: “Behavior (including but not limited to an arrest or conduct related to an alleged misuse of Substances of Abuse occurring up to two (2) football seasons prior to the Player’s applicable scouting combine) which, in the judgment of the Medical Director, exhibits physical, behavioral, or psychological signs or symptoms of misuse of Substances of Abuse.”
There is no way that he has crossed that threshold.

Rayman

Brand New Member

His comment about spending the next 24 hours in a sauna is pretty telling if you ask me. Obviously he felt the need to sweat something out.

Unless he was just playing along. He seems like a real knucklehead but hopefully I'm wrong.

Genghis Khan

His comment about spending the next 24 hours in a sauna is pretty telling if you ask me. Obviously he felt the need to sweat something out.

Unless he was just playing along. He seems like a real knucklehead but hopefully I'm wrong.
I have no idea what that means. I'd be shocked if sweating it out was a legitimate method of ridding your body of funny substances.

Genghis Khan

I actually feel opposite reading that. It sounds like the Medical Director can make that decision at his discretion, based on just about anything. It's pretty ambiguous criteria. I can't believe that was actually agreed to.

townsend

Banned
I actually feel opposite reading that. It sounds like the Medical Director can make that decision at his discretion, based on just about anything. It's pretty ambiguous criteria. I can't believe that was actually agreed to.
There's a lot of stuff in the collective bargaining agreement that falls under the "I can't believe that was actually agreed to" category. NFLPA absolutely failed their players.

Joe Fan

Brand New Member

I agree it's ridiculous. Though I could see where people would say the sauna test would raise red flags.

Then again with how crazy this chic was I wouldn't be surprised if she sent texts from both phones.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
So wait, sitting in a sauna will allow you to pass a drug test? I've got a lot of clients who would love to know that.

Genghis Khan

There's a lot of stuff in the collective bargaining agreement that falls under the "I can't believe that was actually agreed to" category. NFLPA absolutely failed their players.

The players probably mostly don't care about anything except revenue sharing.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member

Oh I think those text messages along with his little trip to the marijuana dispensary fall under the "behavior" umbrella.

I think you're being a bit too optimistic.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Yep.

Joe Fan

Brand New Member
So wait, sitting in a sauna will allow you to pass a drug test? I've got a lot of clients who would love to know that.
I had a lot of stoner friends in college that would swear by it. I'd always laugh my ass off when they'd talk about it.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
An NFL spokesman said the league's investigation into Ezekiel Elliott's domestic violence case from July 2016 that did not lead to any criminal charges remains under review. The league said Monday Darrelle Revis, who saw charges for felony assault dismissed in March after a February arrest, would not face league-imposed discipline. Why is Elliott's case still ongoing? "Every matter is different," the spokesman said via e-mail.

Todd Archer, ESPN Staff Writer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom