White Supremacist Kills African-American Teen In Oregon

Jiggyfly

Banned
White Supremacist Kills African-American Teen In Oregon
By Brian Sprowl
Sep 03, 2016, 18:33 Pm0

White supremacist kills african-american teen in Oregon with his Jeep. The man who police say intentionally ran over and killed a Vancouver teen last month is a white supremacist, according to the suspect’s lengthy record with the Oregon Department of Corrections.

Russell Courtier a 38 year old Oregon man and self described white supremacist has been charged with murder after deliberately running over 19 year old black teen with his Jeep after an altercation outside a local 7-Eleven.

Courtier, who has a tattoo of ‘EK’ on his calf denoting membership of the white supremacist prison gang European Kindred, allegedly pushed Bruce’s head into the shop’s front window.

The victim is 19-year-old Larnell Bruce Jr. His father says Bruce Jr. was visiting his biological mother in Gresham when he was killed.

The victim was charging his cellphone at a Gresham 7-Eleven on August 10, just before midnight when a couple pulled up. Courtier was behind the wheel of his red Jeep Wrangler.

Police say it all began with a fight outside a 7-Eleven on 188th Avenue and Burnside Street in Gresham on Wednesday, Aug. 10. Witnesses reported seeing some kind of weapon being brandished, followed by Bruce running away from a driver behind the wheel of a red Jeep Wrangler.

Police are still trying to determine exactly what happened but they say that the men did not previously know each other.

The verbal confrontation quickly turned physical with Courtier slamming the teens head into the glass storefront window, breaking it.

“Get him, baby,” Colleen Hunt, Russell Courtier’s girlfriend called to her boyfriend during the fight, say witnesses. “Get him, baby!”

Bruce was able to fight off his attacker, pulling a machete which scared Courtier back into his vehicle. It was then that witnesses heard Hunt, the girlfriend, tell her boyfriend to run the victim over.

Bruce attempted to avoid the vehicle speeding towards him, even going so far as to run into oncoming traffic.

“The video surveillance showed Mr. Bruce take evasive maneuvers on foot in an attempt to escape Mr. Courtier’s Jeep,” the affidavit said.

A grand jury indicted Courtier and Hunt for murder on August 18. However, they have not been charged with any hate crimes.

“I still keep waiting for him to come home, that’s probably the hardest part,” said Larnell Bruce Sr., the teen’s father.

Kbrown

Not So New Member
This is why ignoring race won't fix anything.

I don't know what will fix anything, other than love and understanding, and that doesn't seem to be in style.

townsend

Banned
There's a resurgence of some old school racism going on. I think extremist sects have found new life in the echo chambers of the Internet.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
There's a resurgence of some old school racism going on. I think extremist sects have found new life in the echo chambers of the Internet.
Becasue people are talking about it too god damn much. How many people have died by their own race this year? Who gives a shit what color they died by? Let's fix homicide, not focus on stupid shit like BML.

Cotton

Staff member
This is why ignoring race won't fix anything.

I don't know what will fix anything, other than love and understanding, and that doesn't seem to be in style.
You will never fix it by making it about race every time. You can't. I'm not suggesting ignoring race. I'm suggesting not making it the first thing you talk about when you talk about a death.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
You will never fix it by making it about race every time. You can't. I'm not suggesting ignoring race. I'm suggesting not making it the first thing you talk about when you talk about a death.
I certainly agree with you in this regard. Interjecting racial issues only widens the difficulty and provides racists a platform to spew their hatred.

townsend

Banned
Yeah that's the problem, talking about it. Everybody knows that the best thing to do in the face of oppression is pretend it isn't happening.

If black people would just not make such a big deal about being murdered then racists wouldn't be killing them. :dunce

Cotton

Staff member
Yeah that's the problem, talking about it. Everybody knows that the best thing to do in the face of oppression is pretend it isn't happening.

If black people would just not make such a big deal about being murdered then racists wouldn't be killing them. :dunce
That's not at all what I said.

townsend

Banned
That's not at all what I said.
I was pointing out the resurgence of white supremacy, and you responded that it was because people "talked about it too much" and you blamed BLM.

I inferred from that, that you were saying that black activists and not white extremists were responsible for the new white supremacist movement.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are

It's not a one way street. Black people kill whites and vice versa. You seem to think it a solitary occurrence. Making it a controversy over racial overtones solves nothing.

Jiggyfly

Banned
It's not a one way street. Black people kill whites and vice versa. You seem to think it a solitary occurrence. Making it a controversy over racial overtones solves nothing.
How did you come to that conclusion?

Cotton

Staff member
And black people kill blacks and whites kill whites. All the damn time. Pointing out race when it's one against the other is doing nothing but exacerbating the issue. How about we talk about trying to keep people from fucking killing each other no matter who is killing who.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
And black people kill blacks and whites kill whites. All the damn time. Pointing out race when it's one against the other is doing nothing but exacerbating the issue. How about we talk about trying to keep people from fucking killing each other no matter who is killing who.
Because then it wouldn't make for interesting news.

Or interesting stories to post. Where's the fun in posting stories about whites killing whites? Or blacks killing blacks? Or blacks killing whites? It's only newsworthy when it's whites killing blacks. Hell, look no further than our own personal news bot and the types of these stories that he posts.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
Because then it wouldn't make for interesting news.

Or interesting stories to post. Where's the fun in posting stories about whites killing whites? Or blacks killing blacks? Or blacks killing whites? It's only newsworthy when it's whites killing blacks. Hell, look no further than our own personal news bot and the types of these stories that he posts.
Exactly.

Top Bottom