Williams: Jerry Jones on Tony Romo roster decision - You don’t have to spend time circumcising the mosquito

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Jerry Jones on Tony Romo roster decision: You don’t have to spend time circumcising the mosquito

BY CHAREAN WILLIAMS
cjwilliams@star-telegram.com

Jerry Jones said the Cowboys don’t want to rule out an early return by Tony Romo and thus will leave the starting quarterback on the active roster.

Romo was given a 6-10 week timeframe for the compression fracture of his L1 vertebra in his back to fully heal. A move to the injured reserve/designated to return list would keep Romo out eight weeks, with a return for the return for the Nov. 6 game against the Browns.

The Cowboys have hopes Romo can play a week earlier against the Eagles.

“I think that medicine can fail you when you start really creating these bright lines, and we found that over the years when they say it takes six weeks; it takes this,” the Cowboys owner said on his weekly radio show on 105.3 The Fan. “We learned that with [Jason] Witten [and his spleen injury]. In his case, it was supposed to be a length of time and turns out it wasn’t. So some of these kinds of things that have been around, these traditional healing times aren’t necessarily as bright lined as you might like them to be.

“His importance to us is being able to play a game, a half, is really kind of unique. So we’ll be real liberal when we start evaluating when it is he’ll come back.”

Jones pointed out that the 53rd player on the roster would take Romo’s spot, with that player doesn’t have enough value since the Cowboys would have him inactive on game day.

“I don’t want to rule out anything,” Jones said on his radio show. “I don’t know that anybody is qualified to do that. Medicine basically gives you estimates and guidelines, and I’m not trying to be vague here, but there’s no need to rule out anything. We don’t have a situation on the 53, this isn’t an active roster day-game situation. He won’t be active, and we don’t have anybody valuable enough to take up that last spot to give us the opportunity to see how he does. There’s just not enough value there realistically to bring someone else in. That’s the deciding factor.

“You don’t have to spend a lot of time going over and kind of circumcising the mosquito. You don’t have to do that over there on him because you look back over on the other side that caused you to make the decision, and there’s nobody good enough to take that spot to give you a chance for that if he can come back.”

lol wut

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Basically if you can keep a second worthless FB then you sure as shit can keep an injured QB on the roster.

dallen

Senior Tech
It seems like he is getting crazier. Maybe I just forgot, but I don't remember Jerry talking about mosquito dicks and glory holes 10-20 years ago

shane

DCC 4Life
It seems like he is getting crazier. Maybe I just forgot, but I don't remember Jerry talking about mosquito dicks and glory holes 10-20 years ago
Senility has clearly started to set in (and couldn't have come fast enough). It explains why the personnel moves have improved for the most part in recent years too. Ol' Dumbass Jerry isn't running things with an iron fist anymore.

Cotton

Staff member
Hell, in a quote about Dak he said he was going to help us win on Saturday. He doesn't even know what day we play on this week.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
It's a valid point though, there really is no reason for this team to spend resources worrying about mosquito circumcision.

Argue all you want, but bottom line is...Jerry is right.

Cotton

Staff member
It's a valid point though, there really is no reason for this team to spend resources worrying about mosquito circumcision.

Argue all you want, but bottom line is...Jerry is right.
I hate you for your sensical ways!

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
I hate you for your sensical ways!
Listen, you don't run a football team for 25 years by not knowing stuff and things.

Top Bottom