Forbes #1
OMG. CBS theme song bad enough and then it went acapella. :lol

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Those things only work for the Pats...

They get officiated differently.
No.

I just think Belichick has taken the art of manipulating officials to the next level.

Parcells was great at that for a while then when he was in Dallas, he stopped giving a shit.

data

Forbes #1
Aaron Rodgers looks like a goober giving that locker room pep talk.

"NOT HERE. NOT EVER. AAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!"

data

Forbes #1
:lol

25-yard touchback rule counterproductive...yet Goodell stands firm.

That should be used in a court of law for NFL vs Concussion.

"So this touchback rule increased the number of returned kickoffs, which the NFL deems to be a high-risk play for concussions."

"That's correct."

"...and you kept it?"

~gavel~

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Will Fuller drops what would've been a 1st down and Houston's first trip across midfield.

Somewhere, [MENTION=21]Iamtdg[/MENTION] is chuckling.

Joe Fan

Brand New Member
He is a rarity. A true football nerd. He literally lives it and not a lot of coaches do that anymore.

He is a throwback.

I have all the respect in the world for him.
I've got to say that I have new respect for him considering how he's handled not having Brady.

If this was Garrett he'd just be content with using no Brady as an excuse for losing out.

Major props.

data

Forbes #1
:lol

That was supposed to be a clever 3rd down conversion.

Belichick laughs at that attempt.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Will Fuller drops what would've been a 1st down and Houston's first trip across midfield.

Somewhere, [MENTION=21]Iamtdg[/MENTION] is chuckling.
I'm not watching the game, but this doesn't surprise me.

Why can't they just line up and run the fucking ball! C'mon give it to Blount! Screwing me out of more points

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
This faggot Texan fan on this commercial is very annoying.

What special idiot hands his infant back to the wife and then celebrates like a lame bitch in his car?

A real fan tells the wife to keep the newborn in another room.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
What in the name of Christ has the Patriots coaching staff done tonight that is so impressive as far as scheming up offense with Brissett?

He has thrown it 18 times, the vast majority of which were extremely conservative throws. They went run-heavy, took a few deep shots off play-action and didn't ask him to do too much. Then they got lucky with the two Texans fumbles to set them up for scores.

Want to give their staff credit for the defensive performance? Sure. Want to give them credit for getting two special teams turnovers? Why not?

But any average coach could come up with a conservative, run-heavy offensive game plan with an inexperienced quarterback.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
What in the name of Christ has the Patriots coaching staff done tonight that is so impressive as far as scheming up offense with Brissett?

He has thrown it 18 times, the vast majority of which were extremely conservative throws. They went run-heavy, took a few deep shots off play-action and didn't ask him to do too much. Then they got lucky with the two Texans fumbles to set them up for scores.

Want to give their staff credit for the defensive performance? Sure. Want to give them credit for getting two special teams turnovers? Why not?

But any average coach could come up with a conservative, run-heavy offensive game plan with an inexperienced quarterback.
I guess having the rest of the team prepared and executing makes a difference.

You answered some of your own questions.

Belichick got the D and ST in line. They made plays.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I guess having the rest of the team prepared and executing makes a difference.

You answered some of your own questions.

Belichick got the D and ST in line. They made plays.
Yea sure but isn't that the goal no matter who your QB is?

That has nothing to do with Belichick or their staff coming up with some great game plan with an inexperienced rookie QB.

"Ok guys, here's the gameplan, we're going to pitch a shut out and get two special teams turnovers! Everybody ready?"

That's like saying the gameplan is to score more points.

The team is clearly very well coached, I'm just saying this idea that Belichick and their staff came up with some great gameplan built around Brissett is preposterous.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
The team is clearly very well coached, I'm just saying this idea that Belichick and their staff came up with some great gameplan built around Brissett is preposterous.
There was a graphic during the game. Basically everything Brisset completed was within 5 yards of the line of scrimmage and he missed on nearly everything down the field at all. But yeah the Texans should be kicking themselves. Go out there, don't fumble the ball and don't throw picks and they would have had a shot at winning it in the end. Like I said, the Texans shit themselves.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Last night's game played out similar to how I envisioned it. I thought the Patriots would find a way to win with a 17-10, 17-13 type score.

That defense was a little better than I anticipated. Especially the LBs and secondary. That team is so well coached it's ridiculous.

Belichick is the best coach of all time, IMO. He's proven time and time again that he can win games in this league without Brady. He's now 13-5 overall without Brady.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom