2016 Random Cowboys Related Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Here are the other notable cuts we are tracking Tuesday as teams trim their rosters to 75 players:

The Chargers released quarterback Zach Mettenberger, a source informed of the move told NFL Media's Rand Getlin. The Chargers engaged in talks with the Cowboys about Mettenberger before releasing him, Rapoport added.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
:picard

They get our unneeded backups when they pry them from our cold dead hands!
This is what annoys me about the Cowboys. We will cling to these backups until we cut them and get nothing for them. It is just silly and I think directly relates to the way Dallas over values their own players.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Why the fuck draft Jackson then if the roster at rb is set :picard
Chances are the staff wanted him replaced. You don't take two backs otherwise. Now Jerry, well, heh heh, there you go again.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
:picard

They get our unneeded backups when they pry them from our cold dead hands!
Correction: They get our unneeded backups who missed all of training camp/preseason and are currently on NFI with a strong chance of remaining there there through the first 6 weeks of the season when they pry them from our cold dead hands!

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Correction: They get our unneeded backups who missed all of training camp/preseason and are currently on NFI with a strong chance of remaining there there through the first 6 weeks of the season when they pry them from our cold dead hands!
You can't trade injured players. I'm sure part of the inquiry was to check on his injury status. If he's cleared to play and we didn't/don't trade him? Yeah. Retarded.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
He didn't actually say the nerve is firing again. I guess he did say he is getting some feeling back, so that might be translated as nerve firing again.
At like 1:35 the guy explicitly asked, is the nerve firing and his answer was a very loud yes.

Cotton

Staff member
At like 1:35 the guy explicitly asked, is the nerve firing and his answer was a very loud yes.
It was a "Yeah, you'll need to talk to the docs to get more info on that." Or, at least, that's what I heard.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
It was a "Yeah, you'll need to talk to the docs to get more info on that." Or, at least, that's what I heard.
Actually he said "yes, we actually go through a protocol, and it's something that you discuss with Doctor Cooper and he can give you more information..."

But from everything he said it certainly sounds like the nerve is at least starting to come back. But obviously there are degrees to which it comes back. Obviously it's not all the way back or he would be getting ready to step on the football field.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Womp womp Broaddus.

Cotton

Staff member
Jerry is still saying Lee isn't hurt. He is on 105.3 The Fan right now.

Cotton

Staff member
So, what is the benefit of keeping an MRI secret? I don't understand that at all.

Cotton

Staff member
And, hell, didn't Garrett himself come out and tell the media that Lee had an MRI done?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
So, what is the benefit of keeping an MRI secret? I don't understand that at all.

Not letting your opponent know what's going on?

Cotton

Staff member
Not letting your opponent know what's going on?
Teams daily come out and tell the press their players are getting MRIs. WGAS? The only thing that anyone ever might want to keep secret is the results. Nobody ever tries to hide that an MRI is done. That's stupid.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Teams daily come out and tell the press their players are getting MRIs. WGAS? The only thing that anyone ever might want to keep secret is the results. Nobody ever tries to hide that an MRI is done. That's stupid.
It's stupid why? Because you feel like you have a right to know what's going on? If I was running an organization the smart thing to do would be to let out as little information as possible. It's what Bills Parcells would do.

Of course the NFL forces teams to release certain injury information but beyond that what does a team gain by telling everyone what is going on?

Cotton

Staff member
It's stupid why? Because you feel like you have a right to know what's going on? If I was running an organization the smart thing to do would be to let out as little information as possible. It's what Bills Parcells would do.

Of course the NFL forces teams to release certain injury information but beyond that what does a team gain by telling everyone what is going on?
Let me say it again. I agree that they shouldn't have to release any results, but teams talk about players having MRIs all. the. damn. time. It's never kept secret. Only the results sometimes are kept quiet. The actual tests rarely are if ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom