Packers Stuff...

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Rodgers, Packers bring bad blood, history against Cowboys
BY DREW DAVISON
ddavison@star-telegram.com

OCTOBER 03, 2017 11:11 AM

The Dallas Cowboys welcome the team that’s knocked them out of the playoffs their past two trips, the Green Bay Packers, back to AT&T Stadium on Sunday afternoon.

It’s the sixth meeting between the two teams in the past five years. The Cowboys won the regular-season meeting last year in Green Bay, but fell in the postseason.

Green Bay leads the all-time series 18-17.

Here are five storylines to watch:

Aaron Rodgers

Rodgers is arguably the best quarterback in the league and has picked apart the Cowboys in the playoffs the past two years. They must get more pressure on him. Rodgers has the third-most passing yards (1,146) in the league, and is tied with Tom Brady for the most passing touchdowns (10). Half of Rodgers’ touchdown passes have gone to veteran receiver Jordy Nelson. They’ll look to pad those stats against a young Cowboys secondary.

Injury concerns

The Packers have been hit with plenty of injuries. Starting tackles David Backhtiari (hamstring) and Bryan Bulaga (ankle) missed last week’s game, and their status is unknown for Sunday’s contest. Then receiver Davante Adams was on the receiving end of a helmet-to-helmet hit by Chicago Bears linebacker Danny Trevathan, and is now in the concussion protocol. And running back Ty Montgomery is dealing with a chest injury.

Return of Marty B

Texas A&M product Martellus Bennett didn’t make the type of impact most expected in his four years with the Cowboys. The 2008 second-round pick had four touchdown catches (all in his rookie season) in four seasons with the Cowboys. He has resurrected his career, though, and is off to a promising start with the Packers. Said Rodgers, “He’s a talented player for us, and we’ve got to continue to find ways to get him going. We just have to keep finding ways to get him involved early in the game.”

Taylor time

Packers left guard Lane Taylor has been one of the better storylines for a local product in recent years. He had a standout career at Arlington Martin, then went on to a four-year career at Oklahoma State and has carved out a starting spot in the NFL as an undrafted free agent. Taylor signed a three-year, $16.5 million extension with the Packers last month, and showed his versatility by filling in at left tackle for Bakhtiari last week.

Defensive matters

The Packers might not be known for a great defense, but they are playing well now. They are one of only six teams who have held opponents to less than 300 yards a game this season (299.5). Clay Matthews became the franchise’s all-time sacks leader with his 75th, and the defense forced four takeaways that the offense turned into 21 points.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
This is not going to be pretty.

Our shit defense going up against Aaron Rodgers.

Aiiiieeeeeeeeeee

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Even though Rodgers caught us substituting last season and we should have learned not to do it with him I bet he gets us at least twice this game.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
We win every other week.
Who knows, maybe we put up a real fight this week.

Frankly this team just needs to get their shit figured out. I hope it's this week. I don't think we are as bad as we appear right now but we definitely seem to be in a funk.

Newt

DCC 4Life
You guys just need to R-E-L-A-X, everything will be just fine...

BipolarFuk

Demoted
We could get away with one bum on the OL last year. Now we have two. A lot harder to cover that up.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Even though Rodgers caught us substituting last season and we should have learned not to do it with him I bet he gets us at least twice this game.
LOL. So true.

Who knows, maybe we jump up win this one. This team always does better when it's doubted. It runs into trouble when everyone is talking about how great they are.

Sean Lee needs to play, though.

midswat

... soon
I honestly think we win this one.

Thought we’d win easily last week though.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
If Dallas can put together a consistent pass rush they can win. Maranelli will have to overhaul his idiotic coverage schemes though to pull it off. I’m not sure he can deal with sa change.

Cotton

Staff member
LOL. So true.

Who knows, maybe we jump up win this one. This team always does better when it's doubted. It runs into trouble when everyone is talking about how great they are.

Sean Lee needs to play, though.
If he doesn't, we will lose again.

kidd

DCC 4Life
I’m calling it now.

Green Bay jumps out to an early lead. The coaching staff panics and puts the game on Dak’s shoulders and he throws at least two picks if not three.

GB 35 DAL 10.

Please feel free to start an ode thread if I’m wrong.

Cotton

Staff member
I’m calling it now.

Green Bay jumps out to an early lead. The coaching staff panics and puts the game on Dak’s shoulders and he throws at least two picks if not three.

GB 35 DAL 10.

Please feel free to start an ode thread if I’m wrong.
Coincidentally, the first ode was started after a game against the Packers.

midswat

... soon
I bet we come out on fire and go into the half with a 28-13 lead. But we run the ball 5 times total in the second half and lose 34-31.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
2 losses.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
Nothing tells it like the stat above. Marinelli is terrible at adjustments and doesn’t have the horses to run the D he touted in Tampa Bay.

It’s been past time for new blood running this defense.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Nothing tells it like the stat above. Marinelli is terrible at adjustments and doesn’t have the horses to run the D he touted in Tampa Bay.

It’s been past time for new blood running this defense.
Marinelli was the D line coach in Tampa. He was never defensive coordinator there. He's only been a DC in Chicago and here.

kidd

DCC 4Life
Coincidentally, the first ode was started after a game against the Packers.
I remember that. Just trying to remember who the ode was to. Hmmm. Dude had a Jim Carrie avatar at that time.

Something about a fat rotund ass...

Who said that?

:unsure

Top Bottom