At least 50 dead, more than 400 injured after shooting on Las Vegas Strip

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Cotton

Staff member
Tons of people clamoring for this guy to be called a terrorist. I wonder if they will still be calling for that if it is confirmed he converted to Islam?

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Maybe it's an echo, but it damn sure sounds like more than one gun being fired here.

I've heard plenty of automatic gunfire, and I think that's just the echo. The sharper, snapping sound is the actual sound of the round being fired. The lower, pulsing sound you hear is the echo.

I'm certainly not saying a second gun being fired isn't possible, but the best example is at the :11 second mark when he stops firing and you hear nothing. Then again at :27 when he starts again firing in bursts. Each burst is followed a second later by the lower, pulsing sound.

My guess is during that 16 second lull, he was reloading. Or possibly running to the other window to acquire another target angle.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
My brother, his wife, and a couple of their friends were at this concert during the shooting. I finally just spoke to him about an hour ago. My brother and his friend are on lockdown in their rooms in Mandalay Bay. Their wives are in lockdown in the basement of the Luxor. About 5 minutes before the shooting started, by brother and his friend were heading back to their room while their wives were staying until the end of the concert.
Glad they're ok.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
As horrible as this sounds, I hope that she's telling the truth. And not just some dumbass spinning a lie to insert herself into the scene for her 15 minutes of fame.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Tons of people clamoring for this guy to be called a terrorist. I wonder if they will still be calling for that if it is confirmed he converted to Islam?
I understand why they are doing it.

Trump's response this morning: "My warmest condolences and sympathies to the victims and families of the terrible Las Vegas shooting. God bless you!".....should be the standard response from the President of the United States. Instead we've seen him immediately go on the offensive attacking and aggressively pushing his agenda when things like this happen in other countries or when Muslims are responsible for the shooting.

Very foolish of him to "gloat" in that manner seeing as here in the United States mass shooting have become as American as apple pie. Sure today it may be a Muslim pulling the trigger or driving that truck through a crowd of people, but a few months down the road it will be a Christian American doing the exact same thing.

When you're in his position as President you just have to be fair to all sides and pick your fights a little more smartly.

Cotton

Staff member
I've heard plenty of automatic gunfire, and I think that's just the echo. The sharper, snapping sound is the actual sound of the round being fired. The lower, pulsing sound you hear is the echo.

I'm certainly not saying a second gun being fired isn't possible, but the best example is at the :11 second mark when he stops firing and you hear nothing. Then again at :27 when he starts again firing in bursts. Each burst is followed a second later by the lower, pulsing sound.

My guess is during that 16 second lull, he was reloading. Or possibly running to the other window to acquire another target angle.
You're probably right. It was hard to tell if it was an echo or a second gun. But, more than likely, just an echo. It does have a different pitch to it.

Cotton

Staff member
I understand why they are doing it.

Trump's response this morning: "My warmest condolences and sympathies to the victims and families of the terrible Las Vegas shooting. God bless you!".....should be the standard response from the President of the United States. Instead we've seen him immediately go on the offensive attacking and aggressively pushing his agenda when things like this happen in other countries or when Muslims are responsible for the shooting.

Very foolish of him to "gloat" in that manner seeing as here in the United States mass shooting have become as American as apple pie. Sure today it may be a Muslim pulling the trigger or driving that truck through a crowd of people, but a few months down the road it will be a Christian American doing the exact same thing.

When you're in his position as President you just have to be fair to all sides and pick your fights a little more smartly.
I get that, and agree 100%. My point is that the same people that are calling for the terrorist label will change their tune immediately if it is confirmed he converted. IMO, it doesn't fucking matter what religion/race/ideology, this was an act of terror done by a terrorist.

Cotton

Staff member

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Wait. So the dude was something like 60+ years old, right? And it says here he converted when he was 30?

I'm guessing by this picture of him holding a shot of what looks like some kind of alcohol, that he wasn't very devout.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Very skeptical about his being a Muslim.

Cotton

Staff member
Wait. So the dude was something like 60+ years old, right? And it says here he converted when he was 30?

I'm guessing by this picture of him holding a shot of what looks like some kind of alcohol, that he wasn't very devout.
Yeah, it certainly sounds like ISIS is making this shit up. Regardless, though, like I said above, it doesn't matter who he was associated with, this is was an act of terror.

Cotton

Staff member
This is where he fired from.

data

Forbes #1
My brother, his wife, and a couple of their friends were at this concert during the shooting. I finally just spoke to him about an hour ago. My brother and his friend are on lockdown in their rooms in Mandalay Bay. Their wives are in lockdown in the basement of the Luxor. About 5 minutes before the shooting started, by brother and his friend were heading back to their room while their wives were staying until the end of the concert.
Fuck man. Happy to read they made it out safely.

Cotton

Staff member
What does this idiot think he is proving?

Smitty

DCC 4Life
What does this idiot think he is proving?

Crazy, you are just drawing a target around all the people around you. You aren't defying anything or proving how tough you are. I saw another video with a guy flicking off the gunman.

Probably just overly drunk assholes.

Cotton

Staff member
Just found out that one of our students here at Tech was shot twice. I'm not sure of his condition, but my understanding is he is still alive.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
You guys ever see the Naked Gun movie where Ricardo Montalban uses mind control to get his assassins to work, and then kill themselves?

I don't want to get all conspiracy theory-ish, but it makes you think.

Last edited:
Top Bottom