2016 Random Cowboys Related Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Making cap room for a backup QB?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

Making cap room for a backup QB?
God I really hope not. We had cap room already to make a small QB move. I doubt we needed to restructure Scandrick to sign someone like Austin Davis for example. Which makes me sick thinking that we are bring in one of these veteran turds in a trade.

Cotton

Staff member
God I really hope not. We had cap room already to make a small QB move. I doubt we needed to restructure Scandrick to sign someone like Austin Davis for example. Which makes me sick thinking that we are bring in one of these veteran turds in a trade.
We now have $8 mill in room. Just enough for Sanchez.

:tippytoe

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
We now have $8 mill in room. Just enough for Sanchez.

:tippytoe
That would be a rage in anger type move.

But it would make little sense. Other teams like the Vikings now have a bigger need at QB. If they aren't moving for Sanchez, not sure why in the hell we would.

Cotton

Staff member
That would be a rage in anger type move.

But it would make little sense. Other teams like the Vikings now have a bigger need at QB. If they aren't moving for Sanchez, not sure why in the hell we would.
Oh, I agree it would be a stupid move. One I wouldn't put past this team.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Let me say it again. I agree that they shouldn't have to release any results, but teams talk about players having MRIs all. the. damn. time. It's never kept secret. Only the results sometimes are kept quiet. The actual tests rarely are if ever.
This is not true, the Patriots seldom give out this kind of information.

But since its Jerry and the Cowboys its an issue.

Cotton

Staff member
This is not true, the Patriots seldom give out this kind of information.

But since its Jerry and the Cowboys its an issue.
The fact that a player had an MRI is rarely not reported. Even by the Patriots. Period. Now, the results of tests may be withheld, but the test itself is not withheld very often.

Cotton

Staff member

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
But Garrett still hasn't ruled out week 1.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
But Garrett still hasn't ruled out week 1.
It seems pretty obvious that he won't play. Does anyone actually think Garrett believes he will play week one? So who really cares what Garrett says about it then?

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
It seems pretty obvious that he won't play. Does anyone actually think Garrett believes he will play week one? So who really cares what Garrett says about it then?
Yeah. Garrett is just trying to be coy in an attempt to confuse the Giants but they aren't confused. They know a rookie will start against them.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah. Garrett is just trying to be coy in an attempt to confuse the Giants but they aren't confused. They know a rookie will start against them.
Yeah I guess it makes Garrett look a bit silly playing coy about something so obvious but it's not a big deal to me. Sort of like the MRI stuff, I want my organization giving out as little information as possible about injuries. That's what a smart organization would do anyway.

Rev

Staff member
Relax. Thought it was easily recognized for its intent.

Last edited:

p1_

DCC 4Life

Cowboys sign Jerrod Johnson before final game

By Nick Shook NFL.com
Published: Sept. 1, 2016 at 02:06 p.m.
Updated: Sept. 1, 2016 at 02:17 p.m.

With a fourth preseason game that likely won't include Dak Prescott still to play, Dallas added another quarterback to its roster Thursday.

The Cowboys signed Jerrod Johnson hours before their preseason finale against the Houston Texans. Johnson, 28, played quarterback at Texas A&M, where he once targeted a wide receiver who later became a first-round draft pick at quarterback named Ryan Tannehill.

Johnson was signed by the Philadelphia Eagles as an undrafted free agent in 2011 and has spent time with the Seattle Seahawks, Chicago Bears and Baltimore Ravens, the Arizona Rattlers of the Arena Football League and the Sacramento Mountain Lions of the now-defunct United Football League. Johnson spent most of the 2016 preseason with the Ravens before being cut on Aug. 29.

Johnson will back up Jameill Showers, who will likely play the entire duration of Thursday's contest.

Cotton

Staff member

:lol

dallen

Senior Tech
He missed Jerry though

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Just found this sort of interesting

7. Even after Tony Romo's injury, the Cowboys will be the most improved team in the NFL.

An updated look at FPI following news of Romo's injury shows the Cowboys' average win total at 7.6 games, which would be a 3.6-win increase from last season and the biggest uptick of any NFL team. As Bill Barnwell outlined, the Cowboys were one of the unluckiest teams in the NFL last season, and even without their No. 1 quarterback for most of the season, they have playmakers around Dak Prescott to remain competitive. FPI also gives the Cowboys the best odds of going from worst to first in their division. The reason? They have the third-easiest schedule in the NFL and play in a weak division.

Rev

Staff member
Just found this sort of interesting

7. Even after Tony Romo's injury, the Cowboys will be the most improved team in the NFL.

An updated look at FPI following news of Romo's injury shows the Cowboys' average win total at 7.6 games, which would be a 3.6-win increase from last season and the biggest uptick of any NFL team. As Bill Barnwell outlined, the Cowboys were one of the unluckiest teams in the NFL last season, and even without their No. 1 quarterback for most of the season, they have playmakers around Dak Prescott to remain competitive. FPI also gives the Cowboys the best odds of going from worst to first in their division. The reason? They have the third-easiest schedule in the NFL and play in a weak division.
That doesn't take Garrett into account does it?

Rev

Staff member

Somebody can read minds....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom