Second Rookie HC to coach circles around Garrett

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I cant see how Garrett, Marinelli will escape the hatchet if we go 8-8.
I could see Marinelli being canned before Garrett. As has been lamented by many, Jerry is gonna show Garrett a ton of leeway and we are coming off a very impressive 13-3 year.

It would probably take a collapse to end up getting Garrett fired. Simply missing the playoffs wouldn't be enough.

Of course I would continue to have my eye out for a high-profile coach to come in here.

But I'll say this.... say Sean Payton shakes free, and we hire him.... which I'd approve of.

Expect a share of similar problems in 2018. He's not free from playcalling woes himself, and his undermanned defenses in New Orleans have been just as bad or worse.

p1_

DCC 4Life
How does it feel to have Wade come to Dallas and stuff Zeke and essentially flip off the great Dallas offensive line? Lord, that sucks!

Smitty

DCC 4Life
How does it feel to have Wade come to Dallas and stuff Zeke and essentially flip off the great Dallas offensive line? Lord, that sucks!
Yeah, he handed us thirty points. Really shoved it up our asses.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I would say the second half he did.
I think our own offensive retardation had more to do with it than anything Wade and their defense did. It's not like they just stood up and stonewalled us. Predictable offenses and 5 yard passes on 4th down aren't really that hard to defense.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I think our own offensive retardation had more to do with it than anything Wade and their defense did. It's not like they just stood up and stonewalled us. Predictable offenses and 5 yard passes on 4th down aren't really that hard to defense.
Our intermediate passing game is non-existent. We either throw short or we throw deep.

Whether this is due to Dak's shortcomings as a passer, a poor job by the offensive staff, or a combination of both, the fact of the matter is that defenses don't have to respect the intermediate range in regards to our passing game.

And when we actually do have something there, usually with Dez, Dak has been off the mark.

Another thing that is really frustrating is the amount of times Dak is throwing way short of the marker on 3rd down. It could be due to guys not getting open, but when you consider how quickly he's releasing the ball at times in those situations, that tells me that he shares some of that blame as well.

The worst example of this was on the final play of the game. You absolutely cannot throw a 4 yard pass on 4th and 10 at the end of the game. That is 100% on Dak Prescott.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Garrett is a fraud and Jerry is comfortable.

Same as it ever was.

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
If someone has the stomach to watch that again, please tell me how many times we went 5 wide on 2nd down, it felt like that was the formation on 2nd down regardless of distance...:picard

fortsbest

DCC 4Life
When you consider Denver is still basically running his defense, he's done it to us twice this year! :shrug

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Our intermediate passing game is non-existent. We either throw short or we throw deep.
We've had some bad misses this year on interior intermediate patterns.

Dak is finally getting pressured. NFL teams have figured how to do it.

Dez has let a couple go right through his hands, and Dak has thrown a lot of bad passes.

Can't keep blaming this on facing good defenses. They're ALL good defenses.

Except ours.

GShock

DCC 4Life
If we're passing out torches and pitchforks, I'll take a few with Pollack's name on them.

I know we are plugging in new starters at RT and LG (of our choosing, of course), but the allegedly HOF other three have been exposed a bit these first four weeks.

Joe Fan

Brand New Member
On a side note why the hell isn't Woods starting over Heath?

Again, piss poor coaching shows up yet again.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
On a side note why the hell isn't Woods starting over Heath?

Again, piss poor coaching shows up yet again.
Damn good question. He should be.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Heath has single-handedly been responsible for allowing two RB's in just four games to catch relatively short passes, shake him out of his shoes, and get to the end zone. Anderson did it for Denver and now Gurley.

If Heath wasn't such a piece of shit he'd have made that tackle somewhere around the 25-30, and given that our defense generally held the Rams to FG's when they got into scoring position yesterday it's fair to assume that it would've been 24-22 Cowboys and not 26-24 Rams, which obviously would've been a huge difference in the game.

For all the bitching and moaning we've been doing about everybody else I think Heath might actually be our worst starter, or at least he's the biggest sore spot because he's the last line of defense. He's fine in a situational/fill-in role but he should not be a full-time starting player.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
Anthony Brown has really fallen off as well. He has been responsible for, or in the vicinity of, many passing TDs.

midswat

... soon
Anyone in the world - save our staff - never would’ve been satisfied with Heath as a starter.

He’s a role player that you churn out first opportunity.

Newt

DCC 4Life
Anyone in the world - save our staff - never would’ve been satisfied with Heath as a starter.

If Jeff Heath was on fire I wouldn't even use Chris Collinsworth to put it out. Thats how much i hate Jeff Heath.

Disclaimer... I really dislike Chris Collinsworth.

buckup

Brand New Member

That angle he took on that TE couldn't have been worse. He's terrible in coverage.

Secondly, 6 carries in the second half. What. The. Fuck.

Also, does it look like somewhere along the line Dak has been told to target Dez early and often to get him in the game? In 4 games this year Beasley has 11 catches. In the first four games last year he had over 30 catches. I feel like they are trying to get Dez going to the detriment of the whole game plan.

Joe Fan

Brand New Member
That angle he took on that TE couldn't have been worse. He's terrible in coverage.

Secondly, 6 carries in the second half. What. The. Fuck.

Also, does it look like somewhere along the line Dak has been told to target Dez early and often to get him in the game? In 4 games this year Beasley has 11 catches. In the first four games last year he had over 30 catches. I feel like they are trying to get Dez going to the detriment of the whole game plan.
It certainly appears that way. There's no other way to explain it. Dak's mindset is completely different than last year and it hasn't been for the better.

You simply don't force it that much without being directed to from somewhere.

And again the 6 carries falls directly on piss poor coaching yet again.

Top Bottom