Rams Stuff...

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Good news, bad news for Cowboys when Clete Blakeman is referee
12:00 PM CT
Todd Archer
ESPN Staff Writer

FRISCO, Texas -- Clete Blakeman will serve as the referee Sunday, which can be viewed as good and bad for the Dallas Cowboys as they host the Los Angeles Rams.

The good: The Cowboys are 3-2 with Blakeman as the referee, including that stirring win at Heinz Field against the Pittsburgh Steelers in Week 10 last season.

The bad: In those five games, they have been flagged 34 times for 266 yards, including 10 for 98 yards against the Steelers. Their opponents have been flagged 25 times for 243 yards.

Blakeman worked the Chicago Bears’ victory over the Steelers last Sunday and his crew called 17 penalties, with 16 accepted. The Steelers had six penalties for 40 yards. The Bears had 10 penalties for 73 yards.

If last week is any indication, the Cowboys' offensive line had better be on their toes Sunday.

The penalty breakdown from Steelers-Bears:

Defensive pass interference – 1

Illegal contact – 1

Illegal shift – 1

Roughing the passer – 1

Illegal block above the waist – 1

Illegal formation – 1

Illegal motion – 1

False start – 5

Offensive holding – 4

Defensive holding – 1

Quarter by quarter:

First – 5

Second – 4

Third – 3

Fourth – 5

Cotton

Staff member

It's sounding like he will be out on Sunday.

Cotton

Staff member

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah no one has been breaking tackles at all. That will change though. We faced some really good defenses the first few weeks. Things will get easier now.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

It's sounding like he will be out on Sunday.
That scares me a bit. We really need him shooting gaps against Gurley in my opinion.

Cotton

Staff member

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yep, without him we may be in trouble on defense.
A big part of this defense is being able to stop the run. Once we have done that we basically load up with a bunch of DBs and allow the guys upfront to pin their ears back.

If we can't stop the run it gets really ugly on defense. And Sean Lee is a huge part of our run defense.

buckup

Brand New Member
A big part of this defense is being able to stop the run. Once we have done that we basically load up with a bunch of DBs and allow the guys upfront to pin their ears back.

If we can't stop the run it gets really ugly on defense. And Sean Lee is a huge part of our run defense.
Not to mention he's our best LB in coverage as well.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I'll be pretty surprised if Lee doesn't play. After cutting a LB this week we'd only have 3 total LBs without Lee.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'll be pretty surprised if Lee doesn't play. After cutting a LB this week we'd only have 3 total LBs without Lee.
Sounds to me like he will but that they will limit his snaps. Also it appears as though Hitchens is getting close to being ready to play. He is practicing on a limited basis.

Also I think we still have Durant, Wilson, Jaylon Smith and Wilber right? So that would still be 4 healthy backers.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Sounds to me like he will but that they will limit his snaps. Also it appears as though Hitchens is getting close to being ready to play. He is practicing on a limited basis.

Also I think we still have Durant, Wilson, Jaylon Smith and Wilber right? So that would still be 4 healthy backers.
Oops forgot about Durant.

Cotton

Staff member
Oops forgot about Durant.
I was wrong. We are working out 3 LB'ers.

The Cowboys also worked out linebackers Richie Brown, Kenneth Olugbode and Eric Pinkins on Thursday.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
It's damn amazing that Kyle Wilber is still on the team. He hasn't done shit since his rookie year.

Cotton

Staff member
It sounds like will be a game-time decision for Pro Bowl linebacker Sean Lee, who injured his hamstring at the end of Monday’s win in Arizona. Lee had battled through the injury in the second half, but finally had to come off the field on the Cards’ final drive. Lee doesn’t officially talk to the media until Fridays but he briefly chatted with some reporters Wednesday and said it’s a “wait and see” situation that probably won’t get resolved until Sunday. However, Lee did admit he’s had worse hamstring injuries in his career than this current setback. Lee ranks second on the team in total tackles with 29, just behind Jaylon Smith’s 30.

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/2017/09/26/6-days-sunday-hamstring-injury-limiting-lee-return-wade-phillips

Cotton

Staff member
Just think, we lost to the Rams in preseason.

:tippytoe

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
That Wade Phillips/Brad Johnson 2008 loss in St. Louis was one of the worst moments for this franchise in the last 10 years.
:lol

That brought back memories. Brad Johnson's washed up arse being forced into action for an injured Romo.

Cotton

Staff member
:lol

That brought back memories. Brad Johnson's washed up arse being forced into action for an injured Romo.
That was right around the time of CFR. Dark days, indeed.

Top Bottom