User Tag List

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Dunno What Forum To Put This In...

Best advise I can give you is to put yourself in the hands of a good “headhunter” company and let them run interference for you. You may have to work a few temp positions until you land with a company that wants to take you on a trial to hire status. You will have to be willing to be flexible about a few areas but the best jobs usually come from firms that work closely with the headhunter.
    Since Day One

Quote Originally Posted by pdom View Post
    You said you’ve been there for ten years. Thats gotta count for something. Get as high as you can - owner, Dept head or President - and ask them for a personal favor for at least one referral to one of their peers. Don’t take no for an answer. Ten years a s a good employee and all you’re asking for is to put you in touch with one of their powerful buddies that might have a job.
    That is the thing with this company. They are very isolated. They have been almost parasitic for nearly 20 years, based a lot off one of the two principle owners being drinking and cabin by the lake buddies with the VP of the Supply Chain.

What pisses me off the most is that I have been on a first name basis with the owners and COO for years and they left it up to what is a peer of mine in the VP of HR to tell me the deal

I am way too angry at the moment to even talk to any of them.

That sucks booze. Sorry to hear it.

I agree with Bipo, get on unemployment ASAP. Hopefully that can buy you some time.

Best of luck.

Now I'm gonna feel especially bad when I end your season in fantasy football this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by BipolarFan View Post
    First of all, that sucks. Sorry to hear it.

Second, you only get four weeks unemployment or is that severance?

If it is severance pay then I'd look into filing for unemployment ASAP.
    Yeah he should get at least like 26 weeks unemployment. But an unemployment check isn't going to be nearly as much as he was making.

One-armed Knife Sharpener Iamtdg's Avatar
    I am sorry to hear that, man. I don't really have any good advice for you. Just keep your chin up. It'll work itself out.
    2016 DCC LOTY Fantasy Football Champion

Best advice my father gave me was to avoid the HR/personnel departments of companies you're interested in. Your résumé is just one of hundreds they receive, and a lot of the hens who work there have a vested interest in keeping people (i.e. competition) out. Much better to go above their heads and schedule an informational interview or coffee with someone higher up on the company's food chain. Even if they have nothing currently available, they might know someone who does. Also, if you're fortunate enough to get a job offer, don't submit a low salary demand. When you do that, you subtly tell them that you don't have confidence in your abilities. Dad said he once lost a job that way. :-(

Quote Originally Posted by midswat View Post
    I contacted a temp agency, and landed an office job. Busted my ass and made a good impression
    Anyone else not buying this?
    2014=2009, 2015=2010?

The Garrett Song

Seriously, sorry about that booze. And I get the feeling weird about posting this, but like you said, better here than Facebook.

What sucks is, it doesn't get any easier at this age. But I'm sure something will work out. There are too many people out there who are lazy and don't offer anything.
    2014=2009, 2015=2010?

The Garrett Song