The Colin Kaepernick Thread...

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I don't know how much if any of the article is correct. I just posted it.
Did you read it? And you still question if any of it is true or not? And if you question the validity of it (which is pretty damn obvious) you shouldn't be posting it as some kind of proof either way.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Did you read it? And you still question if any of it is true or not? And if you question the validity of it (which is pretty damn obvious) you shouldn't be posting it as some kind of proof either way.
I guess this falls under the category of green balloon journalism.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
So is the article on Kapernick legit or bogus?
They used to deliver the news by shouting it in the town square because they couldn't afford a printing press? They used to be run by the main character in Citizen Kane?

It's very clearly 100% satire.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
They have an article that Ted Cruz is running for mayor of mcdonaldland for Christ's sake. :lol

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
They have an article that Ted Cruz is running for mayor of mcdonaldland for Christ's sake. :lol
Well thanks for clearing that up. There are rumors that he has converted to Islam and gone a little wacky.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I'm not sure what's so "general" about this statement.

This was one of his responses to questions he answered on Sunday:

There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality. There's people being murdered unjustly and not being held accountable. People are being given paid leave for killing people. That's not right. That's not right by anyone's standards.

Do you guys want him to name names and quote badge numbers or something?

Jiggyfly

Banned
He had been doing this all preseason the only reason there is now attention is because reporters finally asked him about it.

I don't see the where this looking for attention is coming from.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Do you guys want him to name names and quote badge numbers or something?
The funny thing is I agree that police brutality is a problem. You'll never eliminate it, but until you start punishing the officers like the general public gets punished for those types of actions, you probably won't see any improvement.

What I don't see is how sitting during the National Anthem will bring about this improvement or change.

Last edited:

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
The funny thing I agree that police brutality is a problem. You'll never eleiminate it, but until start punishing the officers like the general public gets punished for those types pf actions, you probably won't see any improvement.

What I don't see is how sitting during the National Anthem will bring about this improvement.
Yeah the national anthem is about the nation. It doesn't cause these problems and should not be a target. Disrespect for the nation is a misplaced protest. Align with like community sentiment and peacefully protest until your heart is content but do disrespect the nation's symbol that gives you the right to express yourself. That is just wrong.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
He had been doing this all preseason the only reason there is now attention is because reporters finally asked him about it.

I don't see the where this looking for attention is coming from.
Really?

Doing something for a cause generally means that you want some attention for your cause. What's the point of being ignored?

Jiggyfly

Banned
Really?

Doing something for a cause generally means that you want some attention for your cause. What's the point of being ignored?
You can do something personally to fit your beliefs without having a need for attention.

If he was looking for attention he could have made a social media post calling attention to him but he never did that.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
You can do something personally to fit your beliefs without having a need for attention.

If he was looking for attention he could have made a social media post calling attention to him but he never did that.
That doesn't fit with what he wants, though. You don't go quietly with wanting things to change. Nobody is going to notice and absolutely nothing is going to change. Maybe he didn't scream to the world but attention is what he wants.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
Eff off, Colon(Misspelled on purpose). Move to the effing Middle East or Africa and see if you can find another job in those regions that will pay you $19,000,000 a year. Ungrateful a$$hole.

Bluestar71

Brand New Member
Berating someone for what they say is not un-American. We do it every day. Only stopping someone from speaking what they wish is un-American. People that think free speech means we have to respect WHAT someone says instead of their mere right to say it really don't know what they're talking about.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Berating someone for what they say is not un-American. We do it every day. Only stopping someone from speaking what they wish is un-American. People that think free speech means we have to respect WHAT someone says instead of their mere right to say it really don't know what they're talking about.
The funny thing is, he is doing exactly what she was doing. Berating her for exercising her right to freedom of speech. It's actually a bit hypocritical of him.

Top Bottom